MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep it's time for a name change for tonight it's goingtobe and tommorow i'll have my very own 910R :yo: :highclap: .So i might have to change my name.It's going to be hard going to sleep tonight almost like xmas.What method have you done with the breakin i do agree i'll change the oil when i get home.But i'm still torn on the ride it like you stold it or baby it for the first 600 miles question.Either way i'll have my own to look at and drool over!Now i can bitch when am i getting exhaust :rant: hahaha.Good to see you 06 guys are getting your's now i know i won't get a full exhaust can always buy slipons but the extra set will look good on the wall in the garage!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
CONGRATS!!! and good luck getting any sleep.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
How about 910RIAM

G

·
0 Posts
About your question on how to properly break in your bike...
I think a proper break in should be done by the book as far as not exceeding the recomended max RPM as per the odometer, but on the other hand you dont want to baby it either. Just do some fast sprints up to the book manual recomended MAX RPM for break in. That should be safe for the motor yet ensuring proper seating of the rings. It should also give you the best possible MAX HP you can squeeze out of her as well. I guess you could say a balance between the "ride it like you stole it" method and the "baby it" method as long as you dont Exceed MAX RPM as per the book. You dont want to ride it like you stole it cuz the bearings are all breaking in among other things, and you dont want to baby it either cuz loading the engine during break-in isnt good either. So just do a balance of the two methods. Oh and dont forget to vary the RPM as well by not staying at any one RPM for a prolonged duration cuz then youll get a flat spot there, but if your doing quick sprints up to the recomended MAX RPM by the book as per the Odometer then you shouldnt have to worry about that.
And change the oil after the first 200-300 miles too and you should be good.
;)
Congrats! Keep the Shiny Side up!! Blessed riding!!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts