MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
COVID has meant a fair bit of time at the local recently on my little R6. It is a bit of a goat track and slippery in winter. Hoping to get to the creek next month. Many others getting out?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Great fun Glenno. Not until Sept down here, but I think that is weather not Covid related, it happens every year.

Wadda yer reckon is more of a buzz, track days or the Blackie?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I prefer circuit to road. Less variables = more commitment. Probably the same for dirt too. Circuit or loop over just riding. Yeh cold down there for a while yet. Been a really mild winter here.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
COVID not a problem down here in Australia at the moment despite our government botching the vaccine rollout. So feeling pretty safe I snuck down to PI with some mates this week. We were all on small bikes (600s), but they are still quick enough for most groups.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If only the gp or wsbk gets to have weather like that, bundle of fun had there by the looks, did you get to Winton for a look on the weekend, some good bar banging going on tv, :)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The first day was wet until lunch.That is why I always book 2 days down there.

They are looking at moving Moto GP to March at PI which would require a complete up ending of the calendar.

Didn't get to Winton mate. Might head out to Wakey for that round. Herfoss has had a couple of decent offs recently. Did you see he launched the Honda into the sign in FP? That was why he only had one bike. Earlier this year he made an error on T1 at Wakey on a track day and got a flight in the chopper for observation in hospital.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I saw he has roughed himself up lately so a gutsy 2nd race to rub it in Wayno's even though 47 didn't need to overdo it for the o/a,
Bummer for Wagner, he hasn't been the same since they 'track officials' stuffed up letting bikes on the track as he was flying up the straight and had to ditch it,
He was on a roll up till then,
Still trying to get to Morgan park for a wed ride, a few old farts I know get out there for a fang, I need to sort out a trailer etc, till then I have plenty of secret spots up at the

'Isle Of The Sunny Coast,' :D

·
Registered
491 Posts
Heya Glenno
I've been lucky with timing the border closures. Managed three 2 day trips to the island in the last 12 months and a handful at smsp.
And really not interested in Wakefield:):)
Screenshot_20210314-161911.png

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeh nice, I do Wakey because it is only 80km down the road and can be booked the night before. Between the 3, SMSP, PI and Wakey, Wakey is the most challenging to ride IMO. SMSP is my favourite out of the 3. Wakey is about to have an upgrade and a rumoured lengthen also. Will sneak down to Winton in May. Really keen to get to Mount Gambier for a double header sometime.

I'm keen for the bend, but not while Champions are the track day company. So will wait until their contract expires or do one of the Cafnix days.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
G'day Glenno
Heading to SMSP on the 17th, you booked in?
Good times yesterday Terry. They have resurfaced turn 2 & 3. So much grip there now. Half way through the day stuck on some new rubber and snuck into the 1:44s for the 1st time. Made a bit easier getting pulled along by the quick boys on their 1000s :)

I reckon on that bike I would only have another second or 2 in me. It makes about 110hp at the rear wheel, but handles so well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts