MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I got a ticket so I'm off to driving school Saturday morning. The get out of jail free class isn't exactly free, $125 and 5 hours of :blah: But the net result is dismissal, no points, no record.

To make up for it I'm spending Sunday at Firebird (East) riding the 910R in circles. :drummer:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Have fun!

At firebird anyway. I did traffic school a few months ago, blech, but the worst is I got the ticket in my wife's cage, so now I have to be extra cautious on the Brute

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine came on the Brutale - out by Saguaro Lake. Cop said he always works the turn south of the marina - told me I was the new record holder. I tried to tell him I was rock steady, centered in my lane under complete control and could stop on a dime - unlike the SUV's swerving their way through. No other cars around, just him and me. Oh well, I was speeding.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Koop said:
To make up for it I'm spending Sunday at Firebird (East) riding the 910R in circles. :drummer:

Hope to see you there..... Let me know if you need help or anything...
Or even better yet. I'll save you a spot next to us in the pit if you like.
I'll have all the suspenion tuning stuff and the MV OBDII set up with me.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Koop said:
Errr...ummm...71mph...posted 35. I was rock steady....honest. :nutkick:
Niiiice...That's for sure faster than I've ever taken that corner.
I can imagine why he didn't let you off, he could've impounded the bike if he wanted too :bash:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fazer6 said:
Niiiice...That's for sure faster than I've ever taken that corner.
I can imagine why he didn't let you off, he could've impounded the bike if he wanted too :bash:

True. It was a MCSO Deputy, a nice guy actually. He wrote it as a civil infraction so I could do the driving school thing.

It sounds a lot worse than it was, the posted speed is ridiculous. Two lane highway, 1/2 mile from the nearest intersection, nothing but desert out there. It's Tonto National Forest land, so anywhere near a parking facility or boat ramp means the speed limit drops to 35 mph. :bandit:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MV/DucTech said:
Hope to see you there..... Let me know if you need help or anything...
Or even better yet. I'll save you a spot next to us in the pit if you like.
I'll have all the suspenion tuning stuff and the MV OBDII set up with me.

Thanks, I'll see you there. I thought you guys would be at Firebird West for the races.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts