MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a shallow dent/crease in the top of a titanium Arrow X-Cone muffler. Heat gun alternated with applications of compressed air duster and dry ice. After 3 days of this the dent appears a bit more shallow. But at this rate I'll still be applying heat and ice in the spring. I'd prefer not to have to disassemble the muffler to gain access to the inside of the cone. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
?

You'll need to remove the end ......this is the correct tool......it was my Father's

Find a race car fabricator he may have one......it rolls the dents out

:wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Would you show us some pictures?

In some cases you can plug an end, will with water and freeze it to push the dent out. Your case may, or not, be appropriate for this method.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After 4 days of alternatively applying heat and cold from dry ice I've finally thrown in the towel. Arrow uses industrial adhesive plus stainless rivets to join all the subsections together making it a sob to disassemble. Pulled it off and reinstalled the OE muffler.

·
Super Moderator
22,447 Posts
Try taking it to a shop that does paint-less dent removal. Those organizations use specialized tooling to get into tight areas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts