MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just read that the 910R comes with the standard exhahust on the bike and the Ti shipped with it in a box. "Magazine" people say that the Ti exhaust is too loud for the street. Wondering if this is true? Anyone have any personal experience with the Ti exhaust for the Brutale?

Patiently waiting for my 910R!

:)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
MVITALIAN said:
So I just read that the 910R comes with the standard exhahust on the bike and the Ti shipped with it in a box. "Magazine" people say that the Ti exhaust is too loud for the street. Wondering if this is true? Anyone have any personal experience with the Ti exhaust for the Brutale?

Patiently waiting for my 910R!

:)
It will be the first thing on my to do list :) LOUD pipes save lives... get em on lads and lasses....

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couldn't agree with you more! Shall be the first thing I have my dealer do when my R comes in. Just curious about the sound. I've heard a 910 with stock pipes so I'm wondering if there is a difference. When I put a new exhaust on my speed triple it gave me a deep throaty sound. I loved it! So.....just curious.

Man, mother nature is dumping snow on us right now!

:mad:

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
I say the louder the pipes the better off everyone is. They are also a good way to scare the sh!t out of people in cars!!! :toothless

·
Registered
417 Posts
exhaust

Waiting for my 910R to arrive next month,dealer asked me if i wanted race exhaust i said yes (these are not road legal) but have to have them yes,
they said that bike needs new chip ? and setting up on dyno,but they do all this for nothing allso having hugger fitted ,but still got problem with insurance only one quote so far they wont touch it at moment.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Heno42666 - Encouraging news to hear that your 910R is expected next month...where are you located? Speculation in the US is March, April or even May. My dealer has no idea. Thanks :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
delivery

Hi iam from south uk Bournemouth (near the beaches) orderd 910R last weekend they ashured me no problem for next month,but ill have to wait and see,ive had a garage built and it leaks so i gota get that fixed first yes

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MVorBMW. At the cycle show this past weekend I spoke with Matt from MV and he told me they are expected here in April. I went just this past Monday and ordered my 910R and my dealer told me the same date. It's hell waiting but the snow dumped on us today helps a little..........just a little with the wait.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hi heno42666. Are you getting your 910R from 3 Cross? :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Loud pipes don't save lives. They piss off the neighbors and attract the attention of the police.

I love to hear an engine sing as much as the next guy, but loud pipes don't announce their presence until you're already past the car. At this point you scare the cager, hope to God they don't swerve into you, and just made another cager hate bikes.

How loud is a freight train before it reaches you? How about as the locomotive passes by?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In the home of the Harley Davidson motorcycle, people are used to loud pipes. So pissing off your neighbor or attracting attention from the police I think falls on deaf ears. Around here, it's a matter of your taste and what you like to listen to as far as pipes go. Would like to error on the side of someone seeing me and hearing me instead of just seeing me. I think sound does a lot to gauge distance. If I see the train that's great and when I hear the train I know it's closer than I would like. Just my two cents. :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
heno42666 said:
John yes iam getting the 910R from three X ,they told me next month for delivery, hope you dont know something i dont.
No worries mate, as the UK distributor for MV, my bike is coming from them too, albeit via my local dealer. I haven't heard any horror stories and my own (limited) dealings with them have been fine. :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Well, there is a right way and a wrong way to do loud exhausts.

I think this group is more mature than most, so I figure you would NOT: Drive through town at high revs.
Sit at a light reving the snot out your bike.
Pass cars at full throttle near the redline.
Warm your bike up early in the morning for long periods with the revs high,
or just doing things in general that say "look at me"! :loser:

So if you restrain yourself a bit when the general public is around, you should not have to worry when you get out of town and open the throttle to hear the great music only Italian bikes make.

John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts