MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys....

Just placed a deposit down on 2000 F4s 750....01/02 would have been my preference but the dollars only stretched so far (ouch)

Listen, this goes out to those Aussie guys for advice on having bike transported from Albany/Perth via Melbourne to my door in the North East Vic. Would prefer uncrated courier & the bike delivered to my door. Have been in touch with bikes only & mts motorcycle transport including motorcycle logistics. Suggestions would be much appreciated.

As I await to wave goodbye my favoured Suzi GSXR & Harley sportster....who knows what was going through my head when I purchased that :shocker: I'll make room for the much anticipated arrival of my new addition. Will post a pic or too down the track & let you know how it's all going!

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
I also felt this way about purchasing my Brutale 910. Should I purchase it and just do it? I know everyone here will agree that there is no comparison to the feeling you get when she is finally yours and ,just like many have stated before, you can't get that grin off of your face. :) :) congrats and welcome to the club. :guitarist :drummer:

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Lulu_gems said:
Hi guys....

Just placed a deposit down on 2000 F4s 750....01/02 would have been my preference but the dollars only stretched so far (ouch)

Listen, this goes out to those Aussie guys for advice on having bike transported from Albany/Perth via Melbourne to my door in the North East Vic. Would prefer uncrated courier & the bike delivered to my door. Have been in touch with bikes only & mts motorcycle transport including motorcycle logistics. Suggestions would be much appreciated.

As I await to wave goodbye my favoured Suzi GSXR & Harley sportster....who knows what was going through my head when I purchased that :shocker: I'll make room for the much anticipated arrival of my new addition. Will post a pic or too down the track & let you know how it's all going!
I want to say, congrats on your MV :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Welcome to the club.

I am only saying this because I am a long distance riding nutter, take a week off work and ride it back (for our overseas readers, Perth to Melbourne is about 4500km!!!). It would be a cool way to get to know your bike, wind it up on those long , boring Nullabor sections.

I am only half kidding!!! :conveyer:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Congrats :smoking:

I've spoken to Adam "Krusty" Fergusons old man before about transporting a bike from Adelaide. Not sure he travels to Perth or not. I would use him, esp if others are saying they used him before and were happy.

You could always ask the guys on Formula Xtreme classified site how they ship bikes to Perth an dback for Barbargello round of the Superbike Championship.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Troz said:
Congrats mate. Transport wise I've always used motorcycle express. http://www.motorcycleexpress.com.au

They're an offshoot of Ferguson Racing (his parents own it) and they're reliable, cheap, and take really good care of your bike.
I have no personal experience but will second this recommendation, I was going to use them but ended up purchasing locally. They have an excellent reputation and thier rates are very reasonable and they drive directly to you once they pick up the bike.

Troz, do you have their phone number as their website is not available.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats on your MV, hope it gives you years of enjoyment as they do for many of us here! Always good to see another Aussie joining the movement :smoking:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have always used fergusson's (MV from Melbourne to Bris, 749 Sydney to Bris) they do a really good job in ensuring it's safely tied in, deliver on time and are priced competitively. Not sure if they cover WA but I'd imagine that they may do runs for the Aus round of the superbikes. They do tend to be booked solid so check on their availability

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm with MVF4SR - ride it back yourself!

Seriously... spend a day or two in Perth just to make sure the bike is all up to scratch etc. The ride across would give you a chance to adjust to the bike. After 1000 km your body will adjust to the MV posture. Just travel light with a small camel back pack!

And yes, I HAVE ridden from Melb to Perth across the Nullabor. You can really fly once you are away from Perth..... just make sure you stop at EVERY fuel pump.... and don't ride at night - those red kangaroos are BIG.

:stickpoke :stickpoke :stickpoke

Doc

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Sounds like a hoot! 4500 Km How many miles is that? 2800 ish say about 5 or 6 days? :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Transport sorted!!!

Thanks to all regarding Bike transport advice.

Managed to get Trewin Transport Australia situated in Kenswick near Perth to provide door to door service for a reasonable $600.00.

Woohoo...can't wait!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Great price! It makes you wonder with some of these freight companies I recently sent an AV preamp and power amp a similar distance S.A to QLD and it cost me almost as much and was actually more than I was quoted to bring an MV 1000 down from QLD.

and get that camera ready :) ...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey Lulu-gems

Where in the north east? I'm in Albury I have got a f41000 and my brother has a Tamburini he's in Albury as well maybe we can catch up for a ride soon. Although the weather has gone to shit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Rob :)

Situated just down the road in Benalla.

Oohwee...I have just checked out the photo of your mv with a bad dose of bitumen disease. Sorry to hear! Certainly a nice bike. Is that a pic of your new wheels. Very nice, I'm quite envious really!!!

Catching in up for ride at some stage ( weather permitting ) would be great. A good way to find my MV feet :grin:

·
Registered
301 Posts
rob said:
Hey Lulu-gems

Where in the north east? I'm in Albury I have got a f41000 and my brother has a Tamburini he's in Albury as well maybe we can catch up for a ride soon. Although the weather has gone to shit.
You Albury & Nth East Victoria guys should catch up with the Canberra/Woolongong contingent for a weekend ride some time - some good road between the two locations....

:stickpoke :stickpoke :stickpoke :stickpoke

Doc

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm with ya Doctor!! Any time you want to meet up I'll come up to Canberra, or meet in Cooma and spend a weekend fanging the cool roads around there. Come up with a plan and I'll be there. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts