MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Anyone tried a throttle tamer to soften the snatch on their Brutale?

http://www.g2ergo.com/g2-tamer-throttle-tubes-720.html
uhmm,well I just adjust the throttle cable,I turn my handle bars full right when sitting on it ,get a 10mm spanner to loosen the nut,then wind it anticlockwise until it starts to up the idle then wind it clockwise about to full turns ,tighten back up and presto perfect no lag when I need power. works for me or adjust to your liking.some prefer more slack on there cable ,but I do not. cheers eddy:popcorn:

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
BillWhizzz....I've considered one of those, but at the time they didn't have one for the MV (they were making them, though). Big in the off road scene where a twitchy throttle on a 450MX bike can sit you off in a hurry.
Should make a big difference for those MV owners with right wrists that are not calibrated to a high sensitivity level.

ProEddy....has nothing to do with cable slack....softer opening ramp on the cable pull. A progressive ramp that alters the ratio of throttle turn to throttle opening, so starts off like a 1/2 turn throttle but ends up like a 1/8 turn.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
throttle tamer

billy !!! yes i have one on my 2010 rr they help alittle, but the throttle still is not smooth. its like the fuel injection is off or on at low speed. it really sucks and drives me nuts. not a good set up for a novice rider. could cause a big problem fast. you have to on guard all the time at slow speed. dont know why they would put it out of the factory like that. the tamer is ok but it does not fix the problem buy a long way. hope that helps. :smoking:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
billy !!! yes i have one on my 2010 rr they help alittle, but the throttle still is not smooth. its like the fuel injection is off or on at low speed. it really sucks and drives me nuts. not a good set up for a novice rider. could cause a big problem fast. you have to on guard all the time at slow speed. dont know why they would put it out of the factory like that. the tamer is ok but it does not fix the problem buy a long way. hope that helps. :smoking:
rr
What the hell is going on with these 1090rr,you should have no problems at all with the 1090,my mates 1090 is perfect smooth down low,are these machines all tuned differently,he has no snatchy throttle at all,perfect control at low crawling speed and start and stop situations,better than his previous speed triple bike.Beats me what is going on ?.anythoughts.:bandit:

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have a CBR600rr to ride when I need something tamer :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
from what i've read in previous posts a microtech ecu fixes this, and many other fueling issues. pricey, but you get what you pay for right?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
from what i've read in previous posts a microtech ecu fixes this, and many other fueling issues. pricey, but you get what you pay for right?
yes,maybe on the 910 and 1078,but no way would you need one on the 1090 standard setup.it is pretty bloody good.But in the next couple of weeks we will be putting in a race ecu,headers and midpipe,and leaving the standard cans.we have also ordered a pc5,because I reckon the air and fuel mixture will be all over the place.
cheers eddy

·
Registered
240 Posts
yes,maybe on the 910 and 1078,but no way would you need one on the 1090 standard setup.it is pretty bloody good.
I agree w/ eddypro on his observations of throttle response on the 1090. It feels no more "touchy" to me than my 2010 Speed3 did. My 1090 has been nothing but nice & smooth with no "Oh Sh_it, hang-on-for-dear-life!" moments... yet.
Now inadvertently grabbing a fistful of front brake is another story...

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know several people with 1090's (including me?:) )and all complain about the on/off throttle response, basically when the bike is warm try and rev it off idle to say 1800 rpm; it's impossible, it just jumps to a little over 2000 rpm, once over this the fueling is perfect, that said mine has the race ecu fitted. The on/off is known as the transient and my view is whatever you do with the throttle cam it will only make a marginal difference as the limiting factor is the ECU. Compared to a 1078 the low speed fueling is marvellous, compared to my CB1300 its rubbish but of course once you get past that point the bike comes into its own. Only fix as said is probably a micortec or you just accept it and try not to ride it around town.

·
Registered
207 Posts
throtttle

well MR. EDDYPRO!!! may be it is because of the CAL. LAW OF THE dum smog bullshit that we have to have on our bikes? don't have to i guess but it comes from the factory like that. i even asked the tech at the shop about it and he said everyone with a 1090rr is complaining of this situation, like i msaid it's like the fuel shuts off and then right back on with a jerk. very hard to ride, i kind of got used to it, no choice, but it always in my mine,witch sucks. TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT BECAUCE THE TECH AT THE SHOP HAD NOTHING TO SAY TO FIX IT, :smoking: :wtf: :banghead:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Throttle

:smoking:where do one get the MICROTECH ECU? and how much? is that something that any tech would know what i was talking about and how to install it the right way? i am very perticular when it comes to anyone touching my bikes :jsm: :wtf:

·
Registered
207 Posts
throttle

MRG21090!! ITS NOT THAT IT IS SCARRY!!! IT JUST SHOULD NOT BE LIKE THAT. ( UNDERSTAND ) FOR THE PRICE THEY WANT IT SHOULD BE PERFICT AND NO LESS. IF YOUR SPEED 3 WAS LIKE THAT THEN IT WAS SCREW UP ALSO AND U DID NOT EVEN KNOW IT. I HAVE RIDDED SP 3 BEFOR AND THEY SMOOTH AS SILK. SO THERE YA GO BUBBA :smoking::wtf::smoking::wtf::jsm:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Throttle

OLDBUTSPRY!!! I THINK YOUR MISSING THE POINT. ANY BIKE SHOULD NOT HAVE A THROTTLE THAT DOES RAPID ON OFF WITH A JERK WHEN U GET BACK ON IT. :stickpoke:smoking::banghead:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
well MR. EDDYPRO!!! may be it is because of the CAL. LAW OF THE dum smog bullshit that we have to have on our bikes? don't have to i guess but it comes from the factory like that. i even asked the tech at the shop about it and he said everyone with a 1090rr is complaining of this situation, like i msaid it's like the fuel shuts off and then right back on with a jerk. very hard to ride, i kind of got used to it, no choice, but it always in my mine,witch sucks. TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT BECAUCE THE TECH AT THE SHOP HAD NOTHING TO SAY TO FIX IT, :smoking: :wtf: :banghead:
Hey buddy, keep posted and in 2 to 3 weeks time I will tell you step by step how to fix it,no charge,as soon as all the gear gets here,now the easy way if your tech had any brains,is disable the stupid lambda sensor with a race ecu,then put in a pc5 witch should be out in a couple of weeks for this model,you can leave everthing stock,but get the bloody thing on a dyno,and make shaw you adjust your idle first before you have it dyno tuned,otherwise the bike will stall if your idle is set to low. otherwise give chris a ring at x-bikes for the microtec.
The 1090 that I ride is perfect,no on and off effect,there has to be some issue with the fuelling,
ps:find someone who knows what they are doing.
cheers eddy

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I do understand your frustration,the 1090 should leave the factory perfect,throttle control especially,but some of my relatives over there drink to much vino(red wine) bastards.:lightning:lightning

oh, and also ,have you done any mods to the exhaust system?

·
Registered
56 Posts
hello Billy and Mod , have you guys modified you bikes in any way ?. What part of the world are you riding in could be altitude ? I have a 1090rr ( in Australia )with no mods and the fuelling is excellent and great throtle control . When you are travelling at low speed just roll the throtle on slowly ,i honestly do not have a problem with it .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts