MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue where when my engine temp is above 5 or 6 bars (riding urban traffic while commuting), the throttle starts to get "sticky".

By that I mean when I roll off the engine runs fast for a second or two before starting to slow down. Very disconcerting in traffic and just generally disturbing.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts or suggestions on how to deal with it? I mentioned it to the dealer, but they weren't able to replicate the problem so they haven't been able to do anything yet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to clarify, the throttle GRIP is not sticking. The grip snaps back. It seems to be a ride-by-wire issue - I think it's the ECU which is keeping the throttle open for some reason I can't understand.

·
Administrator
20,388 Posts
Engine braking setting

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestion!

Why would the engine braking setting change only when the bike gets hot? My settings have been fixed for a long time, I never change them. Throttle snaps back fine for 80% of my ride home, then just near the end it starts doing this, and only on hot days with traffic when the engine temp gets up to 6 bars. I don't think it's the engine braking setting changing, but I don't know so it could be.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Kag,

Bike has 8000km, and it's been happening for about 4 weeks. Only happens when the engine temp gets high.

Thanks!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Are you revving above 4000RPM or not (in town is an habit)
I suggest to add water wetter to improve to exchange heat at the head.
It's a racing bike, not a cruising bike:smoking:

·
Registered
37 Posts
My bike is at the dealer for the same issue now, they picked it up yesterday. Ill post once they fix it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Got the bike back, issue seem to be sorted, but I have only put 10 miles on it since and it normally occurs on longer rides. Dealership has not disclosed what was done to remedy. I have to say I am really dissatisfied with this bike so far.

·
Registered
408 Posts
the reason i ask is that on the earlier models with the mv version of electronic slipper as you knocked the throttle of it used to rev a little , sounds a bit like your issue, just a thought , but either way must be electronics

·
Registered
96 Posts
Got the bike back, issue seem to be sorted, but I have only put 10 miles on it since and it normally occurs on longer rides. Dealership has not disclosed what was done to remedy. I have to say I am really dissatisfied with this bike so far.
Because this is a safety issue, you should receive disclosure of the work done, including the diagnosis, and the chances it could occur again.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I a betting a leak on the inlet side such as manifold leak, does it hold revs for a few seconds after u blip the throttle if so spray WD or something similar around manifolds and I reckon u will pin ointment the culprit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
finally put some miles on the bike approx (120miles) today and the issue is fixed, still waiting to hear back the actual fix from the dealership, might have to get it in person as now the sprag is failing again. Less than 300 miles on this replacement. Less than 1700 miles and over a month in the shop, this bike has more trailered/towed miles than miles ridden.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts