MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

06 910s here, I was wondering if anyone has experience with the throttle being very sensitive and if there is any adjustment for that.

I understand that is how the throttles are on this bike, but I was wondering if any of you had found a fix to make the throttle response more smooth and less stressful on the wrist. My wrist gets super sore because i tense so much trying to keep the throttle smooth and consistent when riding.

Please chime in!

Thanks all.

Mark:brutale:

·
Registered
192 Posts
A Microtec ECU has made the world of difference to mine. Not that it's reduced the sensitivity but because it fuels so much better, it's easier to manage.

There's still a hint of sensitivity plus I prefer a short throttle action, so I'm going to put a QAT on next.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you elaborate on what the ECU will do? As well as what the cost is and who can pull off something like this?

Mark

·
Registered
192 Posts
Can you elaborate on what the ECU will do? As well as what the cost is and who can pull off something like this?

Mark
It's a replacement for the stock ECU so controls the fuelling, ignition etc.

Chris at X-Bikes is your man - see the site sponsor links for his website/contact details.

·
Administrator
18,830 Posts
A proper tuning of the TPS, throttle body synch and idle CO% trim can make a big difference. the key is finding an MV tech that knows how to do that properly.

One of the best MV techs in the country is the service manager at the BMW-Triumph-Ducati-MV dealer in Charlotte NC. Ask for Michael in service.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Easy fix

For many years i have used throttle friction devices to hold the throttle at a fixed position when I release my hand. All the old English bikes I learned to ride had Amal throttles and an adjustable friction was standard. BMW used the same strategy until the mid 90's.

The side benefit is the added friction and small force required to make minuscule changes in speed help the rider smooth out their riding. Once one gets used to a bit of friction in the throttle, they almost never go back to the old ways. On the MV and my other bikes, I simply snap an o-ring with a cross section around 4-5mm between the bar weight and the end of the grip. You need a ring big e'nuff as to not get stuck inside the narrow gap.

Select a ring just big e'nuff to still allow the grip to slowly close when the bike is vibrating down the road and try several sizes till you gain the friction you want. This will definitely smooth out your control.

If you tire of the friction while riding, simply roll the ring onto the bar end weight.

This big yellow one comes from your local Caterpillar tractor dealer.

Ciao,
Dick

Attachments

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
That's a good tip Dick.

My Beemers have throttle friction and it is ace when touring for obvious reasons. This is great tip for bikes like my Guzzi which have no friction screw.

I think the op is asking about throttle rate of opening the butterflys.

My Jota can have a fast throttle fitted or a slower version where unit angle of rotation results in less opening of the butterflys . A smaller circumference is the key at the throttle.

·
Registered
131 Posts
my power commander 3 did wonders for the hyper sensatvity of a 910r. It's much cheaper than the microtech too.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Don't forget the old trick of disconnecting the spring on the left of the throttle bodies. It makes transition from closed to open throttle much nicer.

Dave.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the tips everyone. I was referring to the sensitivity that the throttle causes, so if I hit a bump, my wrist moves 1mm and the bike goes flying to 100 mph, lol. But I will look into the spring thing but I'm afraid that it will cause the spring that is left to wear out?

Mark

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Thanks for all the tips everyone. I was referring to the sensitivity that the throttle causes, so if I hit a bump, my wrist moves 1mm and the bike goes flying to 100 mph, lol. But I will look into the spring thing but I'm afraid that it will cause the spring that is left to wear out?

Mark
I know 'exactly'; how you feel....the same thing happened to me a while ago!!:laughing: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47729

I've a microtec fitted and the 'spring thing' done and it makes a world of difference!
Brian:)

·
Registered
639 Posts
If everything else doesn`t work, just drive the mistress full throttle :yo:

·
Registered
594 Posts
I came over this thing - a progressive throttle tube:

http://www.g2ergo.com/street-bike-g2-ergonomics-products/g2-tamer-throttle-tubes-street/g2-tamer-throttle-tubes-1.html

I built something like this on my former Raptor 1000 - it really worked fine.

Somebody told me controls of the MV and KTM were somewht the same.

If so you could use the progessive throttle tube of the RC8 R that has a oem progressive thottle body compared to the standard RC8. It comes for app 35 bucks.

Anybody tried this yet??

Ciao
Jochen

·
Registered
192 Posts
Anyone have a link/picture of the spring mod? I haven't managed to turn one up yet via the search.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Throttle control?

I question your throttle control. What you describe is what happens if I stay in the power band. I don't do that and have almost no problems. I keep the RPMs just about idle. Like the first 3K RPMs above idle, UNLESS I'm being an idiot, THEN I get what I ask for. Not sure what year you have but 2013 is WELL behaved although it would NOT be so well behaved for newer riders.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts