MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for the thread about the special waving form of rpm betwen 2000 and 2500.
I have seen it here but cant find it now
I have the same problem after a short breake of ignition
If i start riding in town it looks like a beginner
How did they fix it?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
You maybe referring to some of my posts. I have talked about the “hunting idle” and jerking, whiplash like stumbles when trying to pull away or keep a steady throttle at low rpm’s. We thought we’d found the problem when it was discovered that the hoses going and coming from the charcoal canister were connected backwards. However, the problem returned while I was on holiday’s in the southern states. :wtf:
My dealer’s service manager contacted MV USA’s top tech guru but so far I have not heard back as to what the next fix might be.
I’ll send off an email right now to remind them. :naughty:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Until 1600km my bike runs absolutly perfect Then i had ignition Misses for about a Second After that, nothing was like before
Hunting idle, jerking etc. Nobody can explain that. The Same as your bike has.
The newest mapping doesent help!
Something has changed with this ignition misses, but what?
I had this only once. In november my bike will be at the MV mechanic to solve this blody thing...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Check the throttle body sync.

It's unbelievable to me that MV doesn't have this in their Maintenance Schedule.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Check the throttle body sync.

It's unbelievable to me that MV doesn't have this in their Maintenance Schedule.
Resom, it was your post last year on adjusting the air screws and checking sync that drove home this same fact to me. MV doesn’t seem to have standard procedures about even the most basic of things like instructing dealers what consumables they need to stock for a new model before said model is sold, ridden and then requires a service. One would think that verifying throttle sync would be one of the first steps in diagnosing a throttle related problem. However, if MV won’t pay for it then the dealers aren't going to do it. It just boggles the mind! :ahhh:

As to the surging, I do not think it’s due to the throttles being out of sync, although it wouldn’t hurt to check them. My bike has a new plenum, new throttle body assembly, (which was synced after being discovered to be out) as well as a new throttle twist grip. The latest map was properly loaded and the bike test ridden before being given back to me. I thought it ran great for that first week or so. But with each new tank full of fuel the jerky/surging seems to get worse. I’ve learned to modulate the clutch slippage to compensate for this until I can get the bike above 4000 rpm. But that’s not the answer. It’s just a temporary work around.

So I wait for a call from my dealer telling me that they have a new fix and all the parts needed for it, (as well some other issues). :popcorn:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This monday i took my Dragster to the Dealer about the hunting idle etc.
Today i took it back with a brandnew throttle twist grip
Nothing has changed. I asked ihm about the sync, he told me:
Its Not possible to synch seperatly for each.
They are direct conectet!?
My question: is it possible or not for the F3 or the Dragster?
How can it be done when possible?
:thewife:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
The sync would cause the stalling as was previously discussed. I wonder if it would also cause the hunting if say one of the bodies was more open than the other two...

The dragster shouldn't have needed a new throttle grip as it came with updated one from the Rivale???

·
Registered
14,415 Posts
?

never having seen a current 3 cylinder MV.......

how many throttle shafts does it have?

if its one...... balance the air bypass screws (check for air leaks 1st)

now its a fuel map/ignition map problem........

MVs have had that problem once or twice before :naughty::naughty:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Oh,Looks like they still can not get it correct,why can triumph get there bikes smooth and Mv struggle . same story over and over.like i said did my shims to exhaust valves only now can not get the idle hunting out of the bike.tried air bleed valves ,fuel trim adjustment.stuffed if i know.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the answers!
Maybe i can force the dealer to do this sync thing...

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
You maybe referring to some of my posts. I have talked about the “hunting idle” and jerking, whiplash like stumbles when trying to pull away or keep a steady throttle at low rpm’s. We thought we’d found the problem when it was discovered that the hoses going and coming from the charcoal canister were connected backwards. However, the problem returned while I was on holiday’s in the southern states. :wtf:
My dealer’s service manager contacted MV USA’s top tech guru but so far I have not heard back as to what the next fix might be.
Any update on the above issue Stephen?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Any update on the above issue Stephen?
My dealer now has all the parts needed to fix the sprag and the tank issues.
As for the hunting idle/jerky throttle he’s going to load some “special” map for my bike. I’m just waiting for the Service manager/MV R&D tech to clear his schedule as he needs an entire day to dedicate to my bike. Oh joy, another day lost. Plus, I’ll be paying for parts and labour on some of the work as the bike will get it’s 12000 kilometer service at the same time.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
My dealer now has all the parts needed to fix the sprag and the tank issues.
As for the hunting idle/jerky throttle he’s going to load some “special” map for my bike. I’m just waiting for the Service manager/MV R&D tech to clear his schedule as he needs an entire day to dedicate to my bike. Oh joy, another day lost. Plus, I’ll be paying for parts and labour on some of the work as the bike will get it’s 12000 kilometer service at the same time.
I may well go down the PCV + Autotune/Ign module route and just have the bike custom mapped.

I also believe that you have got to accept that you need the right hand of a surgeon (with these 800's at any rate) don't even bother trying to pull away at low revs, it just doesn't like it one bit.

Light the old girl up and feather the clutch in.................its what I always did and still do on all my racing strokers.

In essence you have to adapt to the bikes idiosyncrasies.

Aint half got some midrange stomp!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
I may well go down the PCV + Autotune/Ign module route and just have the bike custom mapped.

I also believe that you have got to accept that you need the right hand of a surgeon (with these 800's at any rate) don't even bother trying to pull away at low revs, it just doesn't like it one bit.
Must be the F3 in general, with the latest mapping my Dragster is very easy to drive at low RPM.
I also think this will be very important with the new TV.

Good luck Stephen, hope this will finally end your problems !!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what is the date of your new mapping, newer than may this year?
my Dragster doesn't run easely at low rpm, under 4000rpm you can't ride in rain, normal or sportmodus in urban city roads.

So i just played with my MV Game Boy today:

I made a C- Setting
Gas sensitivy - normal
Motorbreake - sport
Maximum torque - sport
Engine Response - slow
RPM Limiter - normal

I wasn't shure if it works but it works on my bike for shure!
Easy in the city and powerfull in the mountains:f4:

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
My F3/800 is just back from having the sprag done, Bennett's tell me that the latest map has been installed but its still like trying to carefully open a 'lightly boiled egg' with a sledgehammer.

·
Registered
639 Posts
My F3/800 is just back from having the sprag done, Bennett's tell me that the latest map has been installed but its still like trying to carefully open a 'lightly boiled egg' with a sledgehammer.
Try the custom settings Dragster mentioned above.
I use the same settings except the gas sensitivy, I change this now and then between sport/normal and rain. I suggest you try rain !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts