MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2005 F4 AGO 2017 TVL RC
6,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1090 Brutale has a very touchy throttle. At low speeds the rpm goes from 1250 to 2300 with the slightest of movement. There is no in between. It makes it really annoying when trying to move in traffic. It idles fine and otherwise runs smoothly. Anyone run into this before

·
Registered
287 Posts
My 2007 F4R was the same way. It's a common problem with the MV mapping in their computers. I fitted a Microtec ECU which eliminated the jerkiness completely, along with other features.

Eric

·
Registered
2005 F4 AGO 2017 TVL RC
6,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 910r have the same problem, we tried fitting a PowerCommander without help to that issue. Now I wait for a Microtec ECU M226, and hope this fixes the issue (fingers crossed).
I have to go through heavy traffic every time I take out my bike, so I feel that snatchy throttle every time I ride, but on the road out of city traffic it runs like a charm:)
I also have a PCV so it's not good news for me. Oh well maybe I will order the microtec

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
There are more than a few threads about this. It is the ignition side of the mapping that also needs addressing.
There are facilities around to re flash the std ecu, or replace it with the microtec.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Mate theres a spring around the throttle cable just under the tank. If you remove the spring it gives you a smotther throttle. Check the other posts as said above

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
The springs on the right hand side and left hand side of the throttle bodies, not on the cable.
Unclip one of the springs, it won't solve the problem, but makes for easier throttle action.
George, have you had the throttle bodies rebalanced and then TPS reset after doing the PC install, your bike seems to be even more extreme that some of the MV's I've ridden?

·
Registered
834 Posts
My 1090 Brutale has a very touchy throttle. At low speeds the rpm goes from 1250 to 2300 with the slightest of movement. There is no in between. It makes it really annoying when trying to move in traffic. It idles fine and otherwise runs smoothly. Anyone run into this before
number2,

Can't speak for 1090's but that's generally MV's for you. My 1078 standard was on/off only. Solved mine with a Microtech from XBikes. Very smooth but still very little throttle movement down low until you punch the loud button.So welcome to the club, it's normal.

Cheers

Deano

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
number2,

Can't speak for 1090's but that's generally MV's for you. My 1078 standard was on/off only. Solved mine with a Microtech from XBikes. Very smooth but still very little throttle movement down low until you punch the loud button.So welcome to the club, it's normal.

Cheers

Deano

Hey Deano, how did you go wit that cable of yours ?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Number2 ,do as Donsy has advised,Reset your TPS, sync your throttle bodies,We used the at-100 to get Co at about 13.2 to 1 at idle ,this is achieved with vdst software under fuel trim,I had 2 laptops going,1 for the pc5 and the other for the vdst software,The pc5 would show the a/f at idle in conjugation with the at-100 auto tune and also your idle RPM,using the vdst software we adjusted the fuel trim to get the correct Co at idle,Mate without the correct gear you will struggle,it is a bit of a merry go round,I also have 3 TPS SENSORS AND FOUND THAT THE HARLEY DAVIDSON TYPE WAS BETTER THAN THE OTHERS DOWN LOW, THEY CAN BECOME FAULTY,Also you have to adjust your 4 air bleed valves.

Maybe you would be better of with Chris Xbikes Microtec,As adding all of the above will probably be more expressive at the end of the day. Especially when you put it on a Dyno.

Just for the record mine is smooth from 1200 rpm all the way up,no snatchy throttle, But this has taken me hours of stuffing around and buying extra equipment. I would recommend the Microtec ,but check with Chris if his software will reset the TPS for you.Like we have said before there are many ways and threads on here to solve this issue.And it does cost Money.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
2005 F4 AGO 2017 TVL RC
6,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The springs on the right hand side and left hand side of the throttle bodies, not on the cable.
Unclip one of the springs, it won't solve the problem, but makes for easier throttle action.
George, have you had the throttle bodies rebalanced and then TPS reset after doing the PC install, your bike seems to be even more extreme that some of the MV's I've ridden?
did the TB sync but nothing to the TPS. Is it an easy thing to do?

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
did the TB sync but nothing to the TPS. Is it an easy thing to do?
There's part of your problem, right there George, the moment you work on those TB's, you have to reset the TPS. The MV software or similar is required to do this, so you have to get to a dealer for this.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Just finished a dyno run on the brutale 1078 and the brutale 1090 ,Now we did all the procedures first before having it run on a dyno, Guess what, perfect.The pc5 will not automatically fix your problems on these bikes.

you must do all that is required before hand.Hope this helps someone.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
2005 F4 AGO 2017 TVL RC
6,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There's part of your problem, right there George, the moment you work on those TB's, you have to reset the TPS. The MV software or similar is required to do this, so you have to get to a dealer for this.
Wonderful! My local dealer no longer does that type of work on MVs so I guess I need to find the closest MV dealer. Anyone in the Carolinas know which dealer to use?

·
Registered
2005 F4 AGO 2017 TVL RC
6,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dealer in Charlotte NC did ther 7500 mile service and adjusted the TPS and throttle bodies. YIPPEE!! The throttle problem is gone.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have the same problem and fitted a Throttle Tamer.
Its hard to understand why the factory made this throttle so touchy down low in the rev range.
Would expect it on a race bike but not a road bike that spends a lot of time in the 3,000-5,000RPM range.

Anyway, I will be testing it out this weekend hopefully (if it ever stops raining in Sydney)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts