MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that, once snatchy throttle response is mentioned on standard bikes (F4's and Brutales), most everyone mentions X-Bikes ECU (by all reports that's a very good thing, if properly set up), PCIII, Microtec etc etc, but not the "official" MV Race ECU?

I've had the appropriate one on all my MV's (1000S, 312R, F4 1078RR and now the Brutale 1078RR), and have always found them satisfactory, though the 1078's are surely best, throttle response-wise.

I did my first longer ride this afternoon on the Brutale, some 200 kms/125 mls, it now totals 255 kms/160 mls after three days of ownership, and it feels even slightly better (throttle response-wise lowdown) than my F4 1078RR (its departure still hurts).

Once touched 11k rpm at 3/4 throttle, once touched 213 km/hr = 134 mph...

Mmm... :mouthwate :brutale: :brutale: :brutale:

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Mike, the number of parameters that you can program on a Microtec are significantly more than the MV race ECU.
That's not to say that you can't get excellent throttle response from an MV race ECU. You obviously can.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it just appeared to me the MV Race ECU with the RG's or whatever and cat replacement provides an out-of the-box solution (it always has for me) for the problems associated with the standard set-up.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is because of how an engine would like to run,without environment restrictions
Exactly. An easy first step to overcome the "standard" EU induced problems. The X-bikes etc approach comes after that.

My experience with a certain tuner in Holland wasn't good at all. RapidBike, eye watering fuel consumption, and roads closed off behind me because of the black smoke I was emitting. 193.4 rwhp though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Fitted the MV race ECU when I added the RG3's to my F4R
fuelling was better in the higher rev range (after all it is a "race"ecu, & thats where race bikes spend their time !) low down the rev range the fuelling was horrible. So bad in fact, I had to corner in 2nd gear, as 1st gear would have you pogo-ing all over the place !
PC111 made some improvement, but far from perfect.
Eventually fitted the Microtec ECU from Chris, & the bike was transformed ! Fuelling is so smooth & the power delivery is very linear.
In my experience, would not recommend the MV race ECU, or PC111.
Just my 2 cents......

·
Registered
204 Posts
OK; wasn't my experience, certainly not with the F4 1078RR.
Mike, have you installed the MV corse ECU on the brutale?

I have one for mine but have yet to install it. Also wondering if a PCIII or IV will tune the entire rev range (it won't on a duc).

I'm planning to do the MV Corse system sometime this spring but I don't want to make the low-end fueling worse, it's livable now.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Also, my experience with Microtec was the opposite. I put one on my streetfighter and the thing was crap. Bike had major problems with that ECU.
Took it to a tuner and he couldn't do anything with it. Had to take it off and send it back.

With that experience I'm not a Microtec fan. I would never put one on my MV

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Truth is that the old adage is true:
Rubbish in = Rubbish out.
The ECU is identical to suspension settings and motorcycle geometry in that you can set a quality system to give you less than desirable results.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Well it just appeared to me the MV Race ECU with the RG's or whatever and cat replacement provides an out-of the-box solution (it always has for me) for the problems associated with the standard set-up.
+1

i think half the peoples problem is all in there mind.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike, have you installed the MV corse ECU on the brutale?

I have one for mine but have yet to install it. Also wondering if a PCIII or IV will tune the entire rev range (it won't on a duc).

I'm planning to do the MV Corse system sometime this spring but I don't want to make the low-end fueling worse, it's livable now.
Yep. Just ordered the whole set from my dealer; runs like a dream (popping and snorting included). Smooth throttle response (note I have never ridden a Fireblade, so it might not be up to that standard, but it's nothing to complain about).

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
P.s.: As I may have mentioned before I have run all my MV's on the MV appropriate sports exhaust (RG3's with the F4's), MV Corse Race ECU included. They have never disappointed me. My only disappointment was with a RapidBike module, installed by a leading Dutch tuner installed between the standard Eprom and RG3's.

Big rwhp, big disappointment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts