MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have just purchased this bike about 3 months ago, I fixed the slave cylinder issue, I fixed the broken fuel coupling issue, and now I have two fresh issues to deal with... awesome!

#1: Throttle lag from Idle.

From idle when I blip the throttle there is no response, it either cuts out or goes duuuuuuuhhhh, I have to feather the throttle to get some revs up and then release the clutch. It is also cutting out when, for example, when I coast to a stop (no throttle) and then engage the clutch.

#2: Second Issue.

I went for a ride this morning and the bike runs rough at about 5k rpm it does not cruise well at all, at 100kph it sounds like it is running on 3 cylinders (very lumpy).
When I pull from 5,000 rpm (ish) rolling on in a high gear it wants to die - has zero torque.

If I ride high in the rev range it feels smooth and screams as it should.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think the more senior members of the forum who can help you are going to want to know what bike you own....just sayin'.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Would be really nice if we knew what bike you where revering to, and then let us know what you did when replacing fuel fitting, did you work or fiddle with other parts like the TPS ?
How old's the fuel in the bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would be really nice if we knew what bike you where revering to, and then let us know what you did when replacing fuel fitting, did you work or fiddle with other parts like the TPS ?
How old's the fuel in the bike.

Bike is a 2005 brutale 750s
Replaced the couplings and hoses only.
Dont know what TPS is.
Fuel was fresh. I replaced tbe couplings within a week of finding broken part

·
Super Moderator
21,405 Posts
Sounds to me like your "new" fuel fittings aren't passing enough fuel...or there is a kinked hose.
Fuel Starvation issue.

When a problem suddenly crops up, look objectively at what was done last.

·
Registered
14,203 Posts
where did you source the fuel fittings?

Ebay ones are usually Chinese crap, Alex at Gutsy Performance has the real CPC ones

check for pinched/kinked fuel lines

check all the little vacuum lines and caps

please report back :drummer:

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Sounds like it may be an air leak at the intakes. Check the condition, correct mounting and tightness of the four intake rubbers.

Yes there have been problems reported with incompatible O rings on Connectors from Far East.

I have some kits of genuine connects and injection hose and clamps if needed.

Joe

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
21,405 Posts
After re-reading, I'd agree with Joe on the vacuum side of things.

Of course, there are other things it could be. Where are you on this Blue Marble?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Genuine parts installed but i did have problems fittingbthe tank back on so could be squashed lines.
Going hunting will be back in a week - update when i get back.
Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts