MV Agusta Forum banner

Throttle issue

6K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  crzyhorse 
#1 ·
Don't know if anyone has had or is having any similar issue but any advice would be appreciated.

My my16 dragster RR had just had its 600 mile service and since having it back I have an issue with my throttle.

Tick over is fine but as I turn the throttle gently and hold it the revs increase to around 2000 and then it starts hunting from around 2 - 3k, as I then continue to turn the throttle very slowly it seems cut out and drop the revs back to 2000 and from there continue as normal as it turn the throttle more. Very hard to ride slow or pull away slowly add it states to rev then cuts out and then takes off again.

Phoned the dealer who says they never did any soft ware changes on the service. Something has been done as it never did this before it went to them.

They are taking it back next week but looking to see if anyone can shed some light for me.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

#5 ·
Had something similar to this happen to my '17 Brutale 800. When I took it back to the dealer they did some sort of ECU reset and relearn and the problem disappeared. It wasn't explained to me why it was happening. They originally thought it was the RBW throttle assembly but when they tested that it was working normally, they went ahead with the relearn.

#6 ·
Thanks for the reply and info. Hoping mine will be a simple fix as you say yours had been. Bit nervous as I have owned a Suzuki GSX1400 for 11 years and never had a problem. Owned an MV for 6 weeks and already back with the dealer. Not sure how promising the future looks! ?

#7 ·
Experiencing similar problems with my MY17 Euro4, perfect above 5000 rpm, but hunting issues between 2000/5000, which is making the bike uncomfortable to ride in traffic.
The dealer has carried out the following:

Compared sensor readings on Texa with a Euro 4 Dragster RC, all readings were very similar
Check MAP sensor and hose for kinks
Reload the latest calibration and carry out self-learning procedure
Swapped throttle bodies and intake gaskets from a new Euro 4 bike
Check oxygen sensor readings, all within spec
Replace exhaust manifold gaskets
Swap oxygen sensors from a new bike

And recently:
There was an Exhaust Valve Error: Cables removed and valve wired in the open position.
Throttle bodies calibrated

But so far the problem still not rectified. I have asked them to contact MV again.

Had the opportunity to try out a similar Euro4 model, no problem whatsoever.

#8 ·
Hi Bruce. Thanks for the reply. I have just replied to your original post on the other posters thread.

Did you have any work done on yours before the problem started? Or did it just start happening one day? Like I stated in my other reply, mine was returned to me after 600 mile service and noticed it after that. Although they said they didn't touch the software or anything that should have affected the throttle. Like yours it is awful to ride slowly or pulling away slowly in traffic. Maybe be a completely separate issue to yours but sounds very similar.

Hopefully they will find a resolution to both of our issues soon. Please let me know how they get on with yours.

#13 ·
What is a "faulty Euro 4 cannister"?

#11 ·
Congratulations Bruce. Probably the best Christmas present you could have asked for after almost a year of head scratching!
I finally got a correct clutch lever for mine as it seems they changed the design of the clutch lever in 17 before they changed to an hydraulic clutch.
Hope you get some trouble free riding in. I will be taking mine out for a quick spin to a local bike meet tomorrow if the weather holds out.

#12 ·
I sincerely hope so, covered over 5000 miles this year and accepted the problem as the norm, especially as far as one dealer was concerned it was.

The service that I received from Bennetts was second to none, bike collected FOC through the MV recovery service by a company called Full Throttle Transport.

Collected one evening and delivered the next morning, problem resolved the next day, couple of days testing and then the bike was returned the following day.

My only liability was the return cost which was very reasonable.:grin2::grin2:

#15 ·
Thanks for that. We have had those in the USA for a long time.

#16 ·
My Ducati monster S2R1000 was hard to start when it was hot outside. Took it in to the dealer and he told me that it was the charcoal canister. Said he couldn't legally remove it but accidents happen and he had seen them fall off before. He asked me if I would be upset if mine fell off. I told him no, got the bike back (and miraculously no canister present) and never had a problem again. Miss those guys. The owner retired and the shop closed down.

Useless crap thoeretically supposed to keep fuel fumes from going into the air or something like that. All I've ever seem them do is cause issues with otherwise perfectly running bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.