MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you put your hand?
I've always put my pinky finger and part of my palm on the bar end to have better control and have a frame of reference so that I don't gas the crap out of the throttle by accident. Reason I ask is because I purchased the CRG barend mirrors and really can't do that now. I've tried putting my entire hand on the throttle, but I can't control it, too on/off for me. I have tried putting my thumb on the cable housing on the left to try and find that familiar frame of reference that I had before, but no dice. Any recommendations? What does everyone else do?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I usually cover the front brake with my first two fingers (rh) & cover the clutch lever with the middle & ring finger (lh) ... I know it sounds really strange but that's the way I ride ...

:crazyeyes

Right Hand:-

Left Hand:-

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
On the throttle (or more importantly the brake!) hand.... I ALWAYS cover the brake unless in an open highway.

Friend of mine pointed that out after i got my license a couple years ago. Was odd at first, but now I cannot ride without doing it. It was tough NOT doing it for the Japanese license test.... this is just for quick(er) brake response. I ride all my bikes/and scooter this way.

On the clutch hand if it is in traffic, i cover most of it with my hand. Enough grip....similar to the grip with having your fatty part of the thumb on it. which works for me. I can't seem to get away with just a couple fingers.... i'm weak and the clutches are a bit heavy on most of my bikes.

that's what I do..... i'm used to it.... give it a go if you are having to re-do your grip.

(haha...of course i changed by golf grip and my game is fuct now....oh well. c'est la vie....i ride bikes on weekends instead of golf anyway these days....)

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I ride I also use my index and middle finger on my right hand to cover the brake and the same fingers on the left to cover the clutch. Just wondering if anyone also put part of their PALM on the bar-end for THROTTLE control or if everyone just puts all of their palm on the grip for throttle control.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
cover brake and rest of hand on throttle only....unless I have to scratch or adjust, then no hands.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I use a throttle rocker. I keep all of my hand on the throttle. Same brake/clutch covering as above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts