MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to keep my hand from falling asleep when riding a steady speed for any distance? I have noticed that after about 15 min or so, my throttle hand starts to get that "pins and needles" feeling in it. No other bike has done that to me before. I don't know if it's due to the vibrations, or what. Any 2010 owners out there having this issue? My Ducati vibrated a lot, but this never happened. Maybe it's the amount of lean I have on my wrist? Maybe I should change my rearsets positions?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
how do the grips feel to you? I have this issue with a lot of grips that have overall small diameters. I recently made the switch to some larger grips from OURY and the problem has completely gone away. Its a good place to start because grips are cheap assuming you've already considered your body positioning and try to keep your arms, shoulders, and hands as loose as possible.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try to adjust my rearsets first, and then try grips if it doesn't fix it. I never change grips out, since I always like the stockers.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
and relax a little on the grips

I'll try to adjust my rearsets first, and then try grips if it doesn't fix it. I never change grips out, since I always like the stockers.
I just bought a old Beemer 1975 bike on Monday. It has a rubber type clip fitted to the twist grip that enables you to hold the throttle down with the heel of your hand...relaxing the grip..probably available in shops that sell cruiser custom bikes etc.

Anyway I had thought what a load of rubbish..but it works well.

On my old beemer there's a throttle friction screw so you can cruise on auto..that's great as I can rest my hand completely....don't know if I'd fancy that on an MV tho lol !

Some peeps remove a throttle return spring...do a search on that..personally I prefer not to mess with the throttle control train...

Other thing you can do is wear a tennis player type wrist support for long runs as it supports the wrist against Carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms.

joe

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
LOL, my spine is fine. I think I just need to adjust my rearsets so that i'm not putting so much weight on my wrists.
That's not it. It's a muscle/spine thing. Weak muscles in your back and a spine the won't bend enough backwards.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh, well i'm good in both accounts. I ride my friends Ducati and it doesn't do the same thing, so it's deffinately the way i have the bike set up.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
oh, well i'm good in both accounts. I ride my friends Ducati and it doesn't do the same thing, so it's deffinately the way i have the bike set up.
I ride the very same bike and suffered from the same annoyance. It went away after making a lot of miles in a short time..... Don't adjust the bike adjust your body.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Rear sets helped me with comfort. I've always had a issue with numb throttle hand no matter the bike. I installed Throttlemiester bar ends (cruise) to give my throttle hand and wrist a brake once in a while.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
None of my MV's did this, my two R1's didn't either, but my BMW S1000RR did!! and also the throttle side only, the colder the weather the worse it was.

My fix on the BMW was heavier bar ends and softer grips plus a different set of bars, no higher, just a different angle

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
both the new mv and the beemer have some vibes in the bars. The ducati just vibrates as a whole, but not really in the bars.

I just have to remind myself not to hold on with a death grip at times and it is much more bearable. Easy to forget that when you pin the throttle and these things take off. Having some thicker gloves also helps in addition to what others have suggested.

·
Registered
100 Posts
just change hands

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
My f4 does this also. Only on the throttle hand. I filled the bars with sone solocon tubing that fit real tight. It's less now but not all gone. I just turn on the cruise control and let my right a hang so some blood circulates to it.

And YES I have cruise control on my MV! Ask Lee

·
Registered
358 Posts
two problems. one the weight on your wrist cuts off circulation and numbs your hand the other is vibration. I learned that resting on my palm with your wrists bent is bad. Try and keep your wrist in line with your arm so the weight is supported by your arm not your wrist joint (think bench pressing) . I put motivation bar ends on my bike and they made a HUGE diff! They have since stopped making the solid silver and black heavy bar ends for some unexplainable reason. I think they were great and should be continued.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts