MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres another question,

due to a spinal injury it is difficult for me to clamp my right hand in the curled throttle position for an extended period of time (regardless of bike type). I've often wondered if there is some sort of contraption that clamps around the throttle and has a "pad" or extension sticking out rearward that one can rest the right portion of the right palm on to keep the throttle in a steady position without having to have hand curled around throttle on lnog straightaways. Surely I cant be the first person to consider such a simple device...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Obmot said:
Heres another question,

due to a spinal injury it is difficult for me to clamp my right hand in the curled throttle position for an extended period of time (regardless of bike type). I've often wondered if there is some sort of contraption that clamps around the throttle and has a "pad" or extension sticking out rearward that one can rest the right portion of the right palm on to keep the throttle in a steady position without having to have hand curled around throttle on lnog straightaways. Surely I cant be the first person to consider such a simple device...
I am sure I saw a bike with such a device last weekend, and wish I had it, he was in the next lane too me.
On my big trip http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?p=86300, might do some research.
On the third day of our trip, I said to the other guys is it possible to break your wrist with no impact. :laughing: cause it felt like it.
But seriously it wasn't too bad for me, unlike your problem.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it would almost be sort of a "cruise control" i only notice it because the throttle tension on this bike is seems to be more than on my other bikes, so my hand/wrist felt the fatigue after a while, such a clamp/pad would be ideal.

Oh has anyone noticed yet how bad the mirrors are lol i think i know the answer :rant:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Yes, Throttle Rocker, avail at most mc stores, like Cycle Gear, etc.
I had one a a cruiser, but wouldn't want one a sportbike, but in your case it might be neccesary, you just have to be careful, esp. in low speed manuevers.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fazer6 said:
Have you removed the left side throttle spring?

Fazer thanks for the throttle locker info, yes would have to be careful.

Can you provide a link or more info re: the left throttle spring, this is not something I am familiar with.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I had a Throttlemeister on a VFR.
Loved it. Was really great to take the right hand off the bar for a few moments during long rides and give it a brief rest.

But you need to be careful with it. There were a couple of times when I had it on, thought it was off, and found myself rather surprised when the bike didn't slow like I expected after letting go of the grip....

Still and all, great device.

Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts