MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I was wondering of anyone's worked out a method of bracing the two metal tubes for the throttle cables by the tube so that they don't shift around.

1411338666135.jpg

I've found that they seem to turn clockwise a bit and create a fair bit out play in the throttle. Turning them back in line takes it away again. It also makes the "choke" effective or not.

I moved the line clip up near the steel ends and it keeps things in place a bit better, but they still shift around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had this problem. When i turn handlebars full right rpms go in 4k ( that happened in a curve one, lucky me i was on clutch same moment ) ... Guys in MCC in Villa Park adjusted throttle cables grease everything and i don't have problems any more.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking of a dot of Loctite or knurling the ledge and retaining plate to see if the extra friction might help them resist rotating.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
I was thinking of a dot of Loctite or knurling the ledge and retaining plate to see if the extra friction might help them resist rotating.
If your cables are tensioned/adjusted properly, then the movement will make no difference to what you feel in your hand mate.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking that on the ride to work today Dons. The way the cables are set up at each end should determine the function, not the orientation of the casing unless it's binding (definitely not binding) or improperly adjusted. Personally I'd like the stop it turning for my own positioning OCD, but being rigid would make taking the brake reservoir cap off a pain. I did notice when I had the "choke" on this morning that it added a few thousand rpm when I turned it from left to right. That shouldn't happen unless the cable housing is leveraging off an improper point. I'm guessing that when I had the bike in early on to adjust the play out of the throttle, the mechanic must have adjusted "on" cable tight and left the "off" cable loose. Sound plausible?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts