MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone , i am trying to synchronise the throttle body on a dragster 800 rr 2017 and have a question.
When doing this , what do i do with the 3 injectors on top of the air box , have they to be connected to start the bike or what do i do with them .
I had a issue with the bike stalling out when down shifting from 2nd to 1st sometimes , found on the site about the air by screw on cylinder 1 being closed from factory setting . The screw on mine was closed so opened it 1/2 a turn and now no stalling. But i would like to synchronise the throttle body if i can .
Ps cannot find anything in the workshop manual , any help greatly appreciated Paul

·
Wing Nut
21,742 Posts
You do not take off the air box to synch the throttles. Everything remains in place. Attach your synch-tool (manometer) to the vacuum spigots provided on the intakes and adjust air bleed screws as needed.
Do this with an engine at operating temp !! 170~210F degrees.
Procedure is the same on any of the bikes, so look at whatever manual you found.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You do not take off the air box to synch the throttles. Everything remains in place. Attach your synch-tool (manometer) to the vacuum spigots provided on the intakes and adjust air bleed screws as needed.
Do this with an engine at operating temp !! 170~210F degrees.
Procedure is the same on any of the bikes, so look at whatever manual you found.
With the air box on i cannot get at the screws . ?

·
Wing Nut
21,742 Posts
The screws are on the bottom sides of the throttle bodies...that is all below the airbox. You come in from the sides.
But I must admit I haven't worked on the 3 cylinder models very much.
Guess you need to find someone to send the manual to you.

·
Super Moderator
23,748 Posts
AS Ed has said above, the airbox and injectors need to be in the normal running configuration...otherwise you are shooting in the dark.

Which, to be clear, you are doing anyway. There is no guidance in the manual for synching your throttle bodies.

There is another thread that you would do well to read as that individual now has a non-running B3.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The bigger question might be as to:
why do the throttle bodies need synchronizing in the first place?

·
Super Moderator
23,748 Posts
The bigger question might be as to:
why do the throttle bodies need synchronizing in the first place?
Well, the basic answer to this is that Throttle Bodies like ECU maps, come set from the factory to meet current emissions guidelines.

Throttle Body linkages and components do change over time and a periodic synchronization balances the flow through each of the Throttle Bodies so that characteristics of A/F ratios remain optimized.

You can imagine if one TB had twice the flow differential of the others how lean that cylinder would be.....or maybe you can't...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts