MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,458 Posts
The SP 01 kit is what makes this valuable...but not THAT valuable.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts

·
Registered
5,025 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like this one. Didn't know there were only 7 of these in US. A bit overpriced still I think. All of the 2012 RR's were offered free tank replacement under warranty, and it's nice that it is included, but it shouldn't be held up as something that adds value, as it should have been replaced for free.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-MV-Agusta-1090RR-BRUTALE/293301823087?hash=item444a26a66f:g:NYMAAOSw6WJdt1xs
To me, only 7 imported doesn't make it special, makes it a color combo no one wanted.

"For sale: 1986 Yugo. $25,000. 1 of only 27 left in the US."

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By UK standards it seems dear, because it puts it way above comparable Sennas which to me (and I'm no authority) is the preferred bike.

As said, the mileage is also a concern. Sure, 25,000 is not a lot, but for the person buying this sort of bike, it truly is.
I'm a firm believer that if you buy a vehicle it is for riding/driving, not sitting the garage, so I get the mileage and personally wouldn't have problem with it. Just that the price needs to reflect the fact that this is near needing a restoration to make it a proper rarity. Looks pretty ratty from the pictures.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm a firm believer that if you buy a vehicle it is for riding/driving, not sitting the garage, so I get the mileage and personally wouldn't have problem with it. Just that the price needs to reflect the fact that this is near needing a restoration to make it a proper rarity. Looks pretty ratty from the pictures.
this is an odd one.

so the guy bought for his collection, but typically collectors wouldn't be buying a 25K mi bike at $25K, especially not in LA, where there are sooo many collectors, and expensive arse bikes being collected.. total crack pipe he's not going to get his asking.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
To me, only 7 imported doesn't make it special, makes it a color combo no one wanted.
"For sale: 1986 Yugo. $25,000. 1 of only 27 left in the US."
I get your point, yet we still see listings for Ferrari: "XXXX Color Exterior with YYYY Color Interior. Only 3 with that color combo in US." Uniqueness is important to some people, thus I would argue that the Brutale America being one of seven could be considered special to some.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
this is an odd one.

so the guy bought for his collection, but typically collectors wouldn't be buying a 25K mi bike at $25K . . .
Agree. That was the point I was trying to make. Your inclusion of the word 'typically' coins it perfectly. I see myself as a 'collector' on a very small scale, but I do ride all my bikes a minimal mileage.

Our obsessions with mileage (for some of us) is very difficult to comprehend, for if we saw an equally collectible 2002 year 4 cylinder CAR of only 25,000 miles, we'd snap it up without question.:grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
7,701 Posts
I feel bad for the Viper kit. Only 1 bid with 35 mins to go. $5000 would almost be the price of a stock bike with less miles.

·
Administrator
18,859 Posts
I feel bad for the Viper kit. Only 1 bid with 35 mins to go. $5000 would almost be the price of a stock bike with less miles.
Has not met reserve and buy it now of $35K ???? He will be relisting I am sure.

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Not riding your bike to save kays on it for the next owner is like not having sex with your hot girlfriend to save her for her next boy friend.
Taken to extremes, yes.

BUT, riding her infrequently prolongs the pleasure so there need not be a 'next boyfriend'.:grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I get your point, yet we still see listings for Ferrari: "XXXX Color Exterior with YYYY Color Interior. Only 3 with that color combo in US." Uniqueness is important to some people, thus I would argue that the Brutale America being one of seven could be considered special to some.
Yeah, I get it Kevin and I agree with you. White Ferrari's are pretty rare. I would put them in the category of undesirably unique but on the other hand, a multi colored Brutale is still an MV, just like a white Ferrari is still a Ferrari.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts