MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazing weather, fast (but safe, of course) riding, a few Jack Rabbits, big skys, 250 ft below sea level, 5 mile straights, sweeping turns, steep down hills, a Tam, a Senna, a Duc, a BMW and a whole lot of fun. We did 1000 miles all over Death Valley & The Western Sierra's before riding back through Frasier Park, into Ojai on the 33 and back into LA...this past weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time! It's always nice to have those beamer guys and their portable suitcases tag along to carry all the stuff :laughing:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep...that Bemmer was a nice addition. Really great sport touring bike with a lot of payload. There was my buddy Andy at over 110MPH with sixty pounds of our stuff, big smile and foot pegs an inch off the tarmac. Death Valley is truly one of the most beautiful places I've ever been...many times big, stark, bold, rocky and looking just like the surface of the moon and then, a mile down the road, pow...a thousand acres of golden flowers. It was around 80F, but a month from now 125+...most of the areas have names like Bad Water, Mormon Sad, Furnace Creek and The Devils Punch Bowl had nothing but horrid tails of loss, great place to ride a bike though in 2009 in the early spring...not so during a summer in 1841 with an old horse, covered wagon, a sick wife and gaggle of kids.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Stunning

must be very warm in these leathers though!

they are a must for protection but bloody hot too

nice pics

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yep...that Bemmer was a nice addition. Really great sport touring bike with a lot of payload. There was my buddy Andy at over 110MPH with sixty pounds of our stuff, big smile and foot pegs an inch off the tarmac.
I have the same BMW K1200S, same color as your buddy's. It's a 170HP ballistic sport tourer, the hard bags remove easily with the ignition key, and then leave a very clean sportbike appearance, with little or no indication that it is "bag capable".

This is my second K12S, and I'll only let it go for another one.

Nice ride report, I've ridden that area myself...thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Nice pics - reminds me of 2008 TT - me and the MV, my mate Dave and his GS1200 loaded to the gunnels with both our luggage.

I drove through Death Valley in a car, about 1985, I remember signs telling motorists to switch off the air con so that the engine could have a rest. The heat was fearsome, I stopped for a photo, my wife wouldn't get out of the car. I wouldn't be that keen to do it on a bike in leathers (was in the middle of summer, might be a bit cooler this time of year).

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Quite a nice collection of cycles! I bet it was something to see you all traveling down the road

·
Registered
712 Posts
I was in Death Valley in January and it was gorgeous. I want to ride through there some day.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Great timing

Damn, Death Valley is right out my back door! I wish I had known you were coming. Good time of year as it is not even half of the summer temperatures of 125+ yet.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I've been there once also! Beautiful scenery and great roads. Just after sunrise the heat comes on like an oven...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn, Death Valley is right out my back door! I wish I had known you were coming. Good time of year as it is not even half of the summer temperatures of 125+ yet.
We're doing it again next year (same time) I'll post in advance and maybe a few of you will join us.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts