MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of tracking my F4. I have read a few old threads about this but still have a couple of questions.

Sharkskinz is recommended by a friend. Sounds like a quality product. Anything out there that is better?

What are the pros and cons of the one piece with headlight vs the one piece without? I am guessing the one with a hole for the headlight allows you to ride on the street but puts your headlight in jeopardy of damage on the track?

Also - thoughts on products to protect the tank?

All thoughts appreciated as well as any aother advice on tracking an F4.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I don't think shark skins make the gen1 race fairings anymore. I use Catalyst composites gear.
Obviously to remove the headlight just for a track day is a big job, so that's where your decision comes into play.
You don't get much affective protection for fuel tanks, frame and engine protection is probably more important.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've seen the Catalyst fairings in person and they are light and very flexible; Ballz of MotoForza swears by them. I have Armour Bodies and I think they are the tits.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I've seen the Catalyst fairings in person and they are light and very flexible; Ballz of MotoForza swears by them. I have Armour Bodies and I think they are the tits.
You get two kinds of Catalyst bodies for the old F4, I don't think Armour Bodies makes anything for them, I might be wrong but I tried them a few years ago with no success.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
For tank protection there are these small carbon protections which cover the more proeminant top edges.
Don´t forget the fork sliders, too. Check with Design Corse - they´ve got all sort of protective parts for your bike and an excellent service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts