MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
I just wanted to post that. Good that I looked first.

·
Registered
344 Posts
This is a prime case of "Just because you CAN do something, and have the skills to do very nice craftmanship, Maybe You shouldn't" -- It is NOT an improvement, design-wise.

As stated so well in one of the Bikeexif comments; Why on earth would you want to make an MV Senna look like a Yamaha MT???

·
Registered
93 Posts
This is like owning one of the most beautiful creations of Michelangelo and asking Bob the Builder to "improve" it.

The United Nations should intervene in such cases...

Hopefully someone buys that thing from the owner and sends it to the factory for rebuilding it to stock!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Oddly I rather like that and it certainly appears to have been very well put together.

That said, why do it to a Senna. And more importantly, why the f#ck would you run a 170 bhp bike with a single front disk!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
... why the f#ck would you run a 170 bhp bike with a single front disk!!!!!
Unless you are trying to stop the bike while applying power from the engine, braking force is not related in the least to the HP of the bike.

Braking force required is related to the force required to oppose momentum. Momentum? Mass x Velocity. A lightweight bike requires less braking force given the same velocity.:blah::laughing::nerd:

·
Registered
365 Posts
A lightweight bike requires less braking force given the same velocity.:blah::laughing::nerd:

Less than what? If you are gonna use the nerd emoji I suggest you make factual statement. >:)

Of course, a lightweight bike requires less braking force (than a heavier bike) given the same velocity.

But we know this is a stripped down Senna and that mass and velocity will not have changed significantly as a result of the modifications made.

And bhp is directly relevant to velocity.

If you wanna run a 170bhp bike with half the braking force it was designed with, good luck to you :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
And bhp is directly relevant to velocity.

If you wanna run a 170bhp bike with half the braking force it was designed with, good luck to you :grin2:
This is patently absurd. BHP has nothing to do with velocity. Velocity = Speed in a given direction, it is a vector. 130 mph North is 130 mph North no matter what BHP got you there.

Now if you are an idiot, and you maintain throttle on while trying to brake, then the driving HP would matter.

As an aside, what part of my statement was not factual?:nerd2::smoking:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
i think what he's trying to say is that you will reach and exceed those speeds quickly and more often than something with less power, assuming you are on the track. Considering that this bike will probably never be ridden, i don't think it matters much.

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
Perhaps that is what he intends to convey, Al; but, that isn't what he has said, nor does his "understanding" support his opinion. I know you know that.

I suppose I get my dander up easily when I am called non-factual over the internet....:ahhh::cross::wave:

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Unless you are trying to stop the bike while applying power from the engine, braking force is not related in the least to the HP of the bike.

Braking force required is related to the force required to oppose momentum. Momentum? Mass x Velocity. A lightweight bike requires less braking force given the same velocity.:blah::laughing::nerd:

Here we are trying to have a subjective discussion and someone has to get technical. Geez :smile2:

·
Registered
365 Posts
This is patently absurd. BHP has nothing to do with velocity. Velocity = Speed in a given direction, it is a vector. 130 mph North is 130 mph North no matter what BHP got you there.

Now if you are an idiot, and you maintain throttle on while trying to brake, then the driving HP would matter.

As an aside, what part of my statement was not factual?:nerd2::smoking:

Physics tells us that power (or BHP) and speed (or velocity) are related .... P = F x V

And the quicker you get there, the quicker you (or at least I) want to be able to slow down.

The part of your statement that was not accurate was that which I quoted as it lacked a comparison point. You said "A lightweight bike requires less braking force given the same velocity". Had you said a lighter bike you would have been correct. And had you made a comparison with a super lightweight bike you would have been wrong.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I suppose I get my dander up easily when I am called non-factual over the internet....:ahhh::cross::wave:
The term dander is surprising from an American, rarely heard in England these days, one I use.

Doing that to a Senna has upset me, despite the chaps level of craftsmanship. I feel violated in some abstract way, may be it's in part because I want one but can't afford it and then someone has to go and destroy one because they have nothing better to do and too much money.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts