MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there have been a few threads brushing this subject of F4 1000 fuel consumption. Am I the only one out there with a complaint of getting not much more than 25 miles per gallon. I know part of my situation is due to the nature of the roads in Ireland usually tight with much of the use accelerating hard in the lower gears and not so much motorway work.
Yes I know its a performance bike but other comparible models seem to be more frugal. Is there such a thing as a more fuel friendly mapping option ?
Oh how I miss the passing of the F4 750 :koolaid:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Unless you are thrahing the arse off it Gary, a F4 1000 should be doing a fair bit more than 25 mpg! :jsm: I get between 130 - 160 miles per tankful of fuel depending on how I ride which equates to at least 30 mpg I would have thought. Sounds like the bike needs setting up and is running quite rich at the mo.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
on my last tankfull i got 180 miles, 80 of which was in the twisties. not bad huh?

Edit: thats a 180 miles untill the light came on, and i filled up after 10 more minuts of riding, im sure i could of hit 200 if i emptied it out, but then i would of had to call AAA to bring me gas, lol that would be a funny sceen

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
obviously my machine must be out of tune will look into it at its next service, though it does not display any obvious signs of running rich, ie sooty exhaust tips lumpy running etc. Thanks for all the imput guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts