MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I will be picking up an '07 F4-1000R this week!
I rode the 312 and 1000. Loved them both!
I'm going with the 1000 because it's $19,000 (21,000 OTD) and the 3.7%.
I already ordered the RG3, mid pipe and race ECU. I'll have those installed after break in.
I'm coming from a Duc 1098 with full Termi's. I loved that bike, but I think I'll like the MV even more. The MV seems crazy fast!
I totalled the Duc on ACH a couple of months ago. My fault, cars slammed on their brakes, I was too close, too much front brake and down we went.
I'm fine except my right knee is still a little sore.
My dilemma is Red/Silver or Black?
I feel an Italian bike or car should be red. The black is gorgeous too.
What do you guys think?

·
Administrator
18,827 Posts
Very hard decisions...The bike is beautiful in every color scheme. I like the White/Black personally, but have strong leanings toward traditional MV Red/Silver as well. The all Black is pretty nice, too :ahhh: .....very hard decision, but a good problem to have. Congartulations on whichever you choose.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Ara :D and congrats on getting the MV :yo: :yo:

I choosed the Black one in the end (could had picked any of the 3 colors), but they are all beautifuland you can't go wrong with any of the F4's (not the same with the new RR's though, IMO)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

When I go back Wednesday, I'll re-look at the 3 colors.
With Ducati it's easy. Red. The MV's are so gorgeous that any of the colors are as awesome as the bike their on.
PS- The wife likes the Black.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Congrats Ara! I ended-up chossing the White/Black one, I would have gone with the Black next, and then the Red/Silver, but that is just me, I could have been equally happy with any! They are all beauties! :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
I vote for Matte black :cool: ...oops, they don't come in matte black. In that case I'd go for white and since they have it in stock you'll get it on 1/2! Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

·
Administrator
18,827 Posts
Ara7 said:
PS- The wife likes the Black.
I think you just hit on a key decision making factor......:stickpoke

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
You like that 1098 front brake eh? I would go with red/silver. Why? It's traditional, black has no pizazz and shows dirt right now, and the white is drab and "plastic" looking. Red/silver just looks like a fine Italian bike. Just my feelings.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Congrats on the bike as far as color choice :ahhh: ...I do love the white though.

I look forward to hearing how you feel it compares with the 1098.

MV-999R said:
you can't go wrong with any of the F4's (not the same with the new RR's though, IMO)
Not so sure about that...I heard the other day that MV have recieved a lot of negative feedback on the RR colors (and deservedly so) and are likely to make them basically the same as what we have now.

·
Registered
307 Posts
BLACK FOR ME... happy new year to all

·
Registered
319 Posts
Which dealer are you purchasing from? Are you looking at the mono or 1+1? I will be finalizing the deal on my F4 on Wednesday also and I'm leaing towards the Black, I don't think you can make a bad decision though, they all look awesome.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lee said:
You like that 1098 front brake eh? I would go with red/silver. Why? It's traditional, black has no pizazz and shows dirt right now, and the white is drab and "plastic" looking. Red/silver just looks like a fine Italian bike. Just my feelings.
The front Brembos on the 1098 (which will be on the new 312RR) are way too much for the street. Plus that bike is 30lbs lighter than the F4.
The Brembos on the F4 are more than enough for me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bomaizey said:
Which dealer are you purchasing from? Are you looking at the mono or 1+1? I will be finalizing the deal on my F4 on Wednesday also and I'm leaing towards the Black, I don't think you can make a bad decision though, they all look awesome.
Spectrum in Irvine. I've bought my last 2 Ducati's from them. Great bunch of guys. One of the owners has had a Senna for a year now and loves his MV.
Is there are better deal somewhere else? Let me know.
Pro Italia is still listing the F4-1000 at $22,995. No mention of a rebate from them, just the 3.74 financing.
Spectrum only has Bipostos, but Aaron (my sales guy) says he'll get me a mono rear section if I want. I would prefer the mono, but maybe the wife will want to ride on the back someday.
Yes, all 3 colors are great. Tough decision.
PS-Happy New Year to all!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yeah, I bought a Monster S2R a few years back from Spectrum when I couldn't get a good deal down here and I think Aaron was the sales guy back then too, and it was a good experience. Good luck on your color decision. My deal is about the same as yours, I need a 12K service on my ST3, so I will try to get that worked into it somehow, everything is negotiable you know...

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Congratulations, Ara7, and welcome to the "MV World". I like all the color combos, it's a tough decision to choose one over the other. I think that in the end I would pick black, though. Yes, it shows dirt easily -- but it gives me another reason to spend more time with my bike (cleaning it)!!

Whatever color you decide to pick will be just fine -- there ain't an ugly color combo in the "R" group.

Please let us know your riding impressions, especially what you think are the differences (good and bad) between the 1098 and the F4..... inquiring minds want to know ...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts