MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like someone mentioned it seems to be sucked shut at higher rpm but ok at idle. when you try to just barely open it, it pops open too far and upsets cornering. i haven't had the tank off yet but i wonder if you closed the bypass screws and opened the throttle plates a little to achieve idle....if that would help

·
Registered
828 Posts
like someone mentioned it seems to be sucked shut at higher rpm but ok at idle. when you try to just barely open it, it pops open too far and upsets cornering. i haven't had the tank off yet but i wonder if you closed the bypass screws and opened the throttle plates a little to achieve idle....if that would help

Dough,

It's the standard ECU that causes these traits not the physical throttle itself. The best fix is an microtech from Chris at XBikes racing (site sponsor) That's expensive but the best bucks you'll ever spend on the bike.
I wouldn't be fiddling with anything until you troll through the many threads and advice on this topic on the site and listen to more learned advice I'm sure will follow.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
14,632 Posts
dougn;
go to the Maintenance Section, at the top is a sticky by merc07 (Adam)
you need to buy the cables but the software is free

new fuel and ignition maps and the fans come on sooner too

·
Administrator
20,562 Posts
You could do that, but you will definitely have to reset the TPS...

The Knurl has it, though....buy the cables on eBay or Amazon or somewhere and download Merc07's software....

If you are capable, and have a chip burner, or access to one, you can make your own custom chip to properly map your ECM.

·
Registered
14,632 Posts
If you are capable, and have a chip burner, or access to one, you can make your own custom chip to properly map your ECM.
go on ebay, Sivava has chip burners for ~$50......with Adam's software you're good to go

1 - 6 of 6 Posts