MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Or

I know common sense says go with the R&G sliders. But, although this is VERY not like me, I'm worried about the aesthetics.

IMO, those R&Gs completely RUIN the lines of the bike. I'm most definitly one to be for over function....but damn, they're just an eyesore. Even worse on the F4...

And realisticly, in an accident THAT bad requiring you to need those over just the frame protectors, wouldn't the bike be totalled regardless?

I'm just trying to see if it's really worth the extra costs. Reason why I'm asking now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Other-Makes-MV-Agusta-910-S-2006-MV-Agusta-910-S-not-Ducati-Moto-Guzzi_W0QQitemZ4646332837QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

His accident damage isn't THAT bad, aside from the frame damage. It's a rad pipe, and engine cover. The tail, it wouldn't have made a difference WHICH sliders you had, that woulda happenned. His real wheel is still fine as are his forks...so those two sets of sliders (wheel and fork) appear kinda useless to me, as the only way those would get damaged would be a horrendous bike toppling accident...in which case, nothing is saving anything...

So question is...is it really worth buying the R&G over those frame protectors?

·
Registered
312 Posts
those frame protectors look like hell, i wouldnt place em on my brutale
the ones i have on the bike are "hand made" for the brutale, will post a picture soon
and dont think those sliders will protect your tank when the bike gous down

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That guys tank wasn't hardly harmed when his bike went down...he had NO SLIDERS.

Those frame plugs are mainly intended as under protection on F4's, but they also work on a Brutale. Black ones may not look so bad....

·
Registered
459 Posts
In the description of bike ,the Satos took the hit.
Bet they are cheaper than a set of R$G's. They also probably kept the swingarm and axles from making contact.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah...I was planning on getting a set of Sato's anyhow. Not only for aesthetics, but for both examples of his reason and adjustability. Especially if it's a mod you were gonna do anyways, you kinda knock out two birds with one stone...

So...hmmm....rearsets seem to be another mod in the near future...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts