MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is FINALLY over!! I am heading back to the states! Will be leaving out tomorrow sometime and spending a couple of days in Kuwait then off to Virginia to in process. If anyone is near the Winchester Area and want to have a beer let me know. Otherwise I will be sitting in the Hotel till Tuesday bored out of my mind!

What I have to say about Afghanistan? It looks nothing like the brochure. My time flew quickly as all my deployments seem to and I had a very good experience. Hopefully with the Trillions of dollars in minerals that are here this place builds a nice big water park and the country reaps the benefits!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Good on you Al - time to go home and get reaquainted with the old girl........

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
...and before anyone takes offence I mean the MV :naughty:

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL the other Ole Girl I am hoping at least had paid some bills and put gas in the truck and petted my dog everynow and then!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Awesome that you're out of there.

Thank you for your service!

Have a good trip home and hope it goes smoothly and quickly!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys but the real thanks is to the troops out here doing it outside the wire. I came over on the Civilian side to progress all the troops from the different countries. I think deep down we are all making progress but only time will tell. I do have great stories though!

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you are able to rent a car this weekend, I Highly recommend driving out to Summit Point Raceway and watching some national club races with WERA. Its the national Challenge weekend there. Sorry I won't be there to race or greet you because I am going to be a daddy any hour now. Look up the info for this weekend. Last time I raced there earlier this month with CCS, we had a group of injured vets visit and did a parade lap to applause of the paddock. Summit Point is about 60 miles from Washington DC. (15 minutes from Winchester) I can get you some detailed directions if you are interested. (the roads around the track are REALLY interesting.:f4: - even rental cars can get air off the mounds:yo:) and the twisties will make you wish you had a bike. The club races let you right down into the paddock unlike AMA. there will be lots of vendors there selling goodies for bikes as well. :smoking: Christian157

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well as fun as that sounds I have finally made into Winchester and all that sounds good to me is a case of beer pool side!!!

·
Administrator
20,427 Posts
Welcome home...glad you made it back safely.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts