MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So, eight months ago I sold my F4-312R to a good friend of mine. When I walk in my garage I see an empty chock and a battery tender cable just lying there. And I think, 'this is where she used to stay'.

Well, I think it's time. Time to roll something into that chock. :)

Registered
Chrome VRod?

Registered
It'll be May before he tells you.

Is this going to be one of those suspenseful hint-filled slow reveal threads? Because I hate those.:popcorn:

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Is this going to be one of those suspenseful hint-filled slow reveal threads? Because I hate those.:popcorn:
I hate those too. Haste has its place.

F4RR :naughty:
As much as I'm drawn to another F4 (or F3), my left wrist, and my desire for something different says no. I won't be going there.

Chrome VRod?
I'm without speech here Randy. :stickpoke :smoking:

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Carl, I'm going to stay modern. TZ250's and Aprilia RS250's are cool but I just don't want any smokers, or carbs. I just want hassle free fun. I've grown too impatient for finicky things.

Registered
Do you already know what you want or are you looking for suggestions? (Before I give my amazing suggestions)

:laughing:
Left wrist? Something different.

Brutale or something really different?
You're right Carl, after you buy a Brutale, I'm pretty sure your left wrist starts to hang limp.

Registered
relative air density?

Carl, I'm going to stay modern. TZ250's and Aprilia RS250's are cool but I just don't want any smokers, or carbs. I just want hassle free fun. I've grown too impatient for finicky things.
Kevin;
2 strokes are TOO easy.....

you need a Relative Air Density Gauge
http://www.mooneyes.com/news/016/h05.jpg

it gives you the % change in Relative Air Density as related to the cross sectional area of the jet in the carb.....

if air density goes up 10% multiply your baseline jet size (Mikuni & Keihin......which are sized by area not diameter)
by 110% and thats your new correct jet size

the historical relative air density a Willow Springs Raceway is 90-95%
I just went as a backup driver for someone.......

the relative air density was 104% EVERY 2 stroke seized

nobody had a relative air density gauge......

go to the drag races......everyone has one :naughty::naughty:

:popcorn:

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Left wrist? Something different. Brutale or something really different?
Unfortunately my left wrist gets painful and stiff (not limp) after about 40 miles on a sport bike. I did enjoy riding Randy's Brutie at Bub4. :wtf:

Do you already know what you want or are you looking for suggestions? (Before I give my amazing suggestions)
Ian, I always enjoy your suggestions. :smoking:

Are you close to a decision?
Dave, I think so. Taking a trip today to see about filling the void. :)

Kevin; 2 strokes are TOO easy....
Noel, it sounds easy for mechanically inclined people (not sure I fit that description), and Carl made a cool suggestion (although I'd go for the Ape RS250 over the TZ250 - gotta go Italian), but I'm not sure a smoker is the right pick for me now.

Dragster in Matte grey.
Have to say that the Dragster has grown on me a bit, though I'm still not sure about the chopped tail look. Looking forward to seeing one in person. :naughty:

Super Moderator
Kevin, I took a nice long ride on a B3 800, I loved it mate, much more than the Dragster, it just makes more sense, then again the 1090RR , phew !.
Now that 750 Brutie of Carl's is a awesome toy too.
Yet to ride a Rivale, but might just never do it to avoid regrets for the rest of my life.

Registered
NOT a sport bike... :wtf:

Easy on the wrists, specifically the left... :jsm:

ah... I've got it! :naughty:

I'm close, right! So what do I win? :)

Registered
Kevin...,a Brutale 800 Italia?...,surely.
Orrrrr....,a muscle bike
Either are real cool.,easy on the eye and easy on the wrists!!:)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts