MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
As a newcomer to the forum (and MV ownership), I concur that this is one of the friendliest ones I know. I've never been a prolific web / forum user, but the lack of obtuse and harsh comments to queries are conspicuous by their absence.

Many thanks all. Ride safe.

Reactions: 312R Dan

·
Registered
930 Posts
Just a comparison between this forum and other motorcycle forums.
I recently purchased a secondhand Ducati 1198s and thought I would join the Ducati forum which is run by the same administrator as this.
I must say they are not very friendly or welcoming thats for sure.
When you join as a newbie you don't seem to get much of a reply.
I also noticed on general comments in posts where owners are asking for help,there are so many smart-arse comments.
So is that just Ducati or are most forums of other brands similar.
This MV forum is like a family and when help is needed it is given.
Over the years here we have lost alot of great members due to moving away from MV etc.
I am very proud to be a member here and meet so many great people.
Thanks.
Very few other forums are like this one, but I can tell there is others (I know a very few of them in French). But wat makes them so unique is a combination of different things :
  • bikes which needs to get involved in their maintenance
  • owners searching for key knowledge
  • a few (more than, in fact) guys ready to help and share their knowlegde
I'm lucky to speak english and being able to participate here, as a french native. Around MV Agusta, there is few other forums in which I saw this kind of behavior in french language (MV Agusta Forum France on Facebook is one of them - and by the way, many are also members here and sharing threads of this forum to help others)

For other brands, I generally don't search in english as the higher number of bikes sold make it easier to find the same level of knowledge in french... But that is true until the noise comes higher than the information level, which is always very likely to happen when there is big sales numbers...

Anycase, I really believe our bikes requirement to get involved is highly participating into the level of this forum :-D. And it would be boring without it 🙃

·
Registered
54 Posts
There is a refreshingly low level of general snarkiness here (the good-natured ribbing/kidding by members who are clearly friends nothwithstanding), and a critical mass of genuinely helpful members. Age may have something to do with it, but persons of all ages can, of course, be classy individuals. The only other forum where I've sensed this level of helpfulness and friendliness is a Moto Guzzi forum I used to frequent. I any event, Welcome!

·
Premium Member
2,924 Posts
I've met quite a few members personnally and every single beer, race, ride has been excellent. Good people. It's great when I'm able to host or meet members when they pop into town. And when I'm browsing cheap flights I'm also thinking about who lives there.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I've met quite a few members personnally and every single beer, race, ride has been excellent. Good people. It's great when I'm able to host or meet members when they pop into town. And when I'm browsing cheap flights I'm also thinking about who lives there.
Always a spare double room for you here Art, anytime you're over in the UK, Mi Casa Su Casa! (y)

·
Registered
511 Posts
been on here since 2015 this forum has helped me out heaps and have a good understanding of my mv especially the 1st gen ones 910 in particular will gladly assist any mv owner
if he or she is stuck, I do not partake in social media as it is full of bull this is the only site I will visit great site friendly people .

·
Registered
42 Posts
My experiences with the Ducati forums are the same as yours. Very little help, not welcoming to newbies, smartass comments, etc. Even in real life I've found most Ducati owners to be douches. But this forum is amazing! The people here are so friendly and helpful. I've been lurking here for years (not creepy) and have always been surprised by the people here. The only negative comments I've seen have been regarding the fact that new members don't seem to read the FAQ and post all their info to their profile, and rightly so. You won't find a better forum!

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Even in real life I've found most Ducati owners to be douches.
I see you own two Ducatis. LOL ..... (just kidding)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I see you own two Ducatis. LOL ..... (just kidding)
Ouch! lol. I was never one of those douches. I remember being at a gas station and this guy comes up to me and says 'nice bike, but mine's better.' I said 'oh yeah,' and he says his is better because it's a 916 (I had a 748). I told him you can have more fun on the smaller bikes and just ignored him from that point on. I've just never felt that I was better than anyone else just because I rode a Ducati (and now MV).

·
Premium Member
2,924 Posts
Always a spare double room for you here Art, anytime you're over in the UK, Mi Casa Su Casa! (y)
I appreciate you man. For sure I'll be your way as soon as this passes.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The UK Ducati forum is great as mentioned above

·
Registered
187 Posts
I recently purchased a secondhand Ducati 1198s and thought I would join the Ducati forum which is run by the same administrator as this.
I must say they are not very friendly or welcoming thats for sure.
Hey Mitchy,
there was a time when Ducati were a cognoscenti kind of bike, but over the years it has become an upper-middle bogan kind of thing...
They don't even nod at ya on the road they feel so superior, I even get more nods from true Harley rding hard core patched fellas...
This forum is cool, many forums like this faded with FaceBooks, very cool this is such a solid source of info and help.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,924 Posts
lol my loaner bike here in New York is unfortunately not an MV, but still a Tamburini.

·
Vendor
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
My experiences with the Ducati forums are the same as yours. Very little help, not welcoming to newbies, smartass comments, etc. Even in real life I've found most Ducati owners to be douches. But this forum is amazing! The people here are so friendly and helpful. I've been lurking here for years (not creepy) and have always been surprised by the people here. The only negative comments I've seen have been regarding the fact that new members don't seem to read the FAQ and post all their info to their profile, and rightly so. You won't find a better forum!
Hope I don't turn into a Douche;)
I will always have the MV though to fall back on and bring me down to earth.
I must say I have been on rides with the MV and stumbled across a bunch of Ducaties
and they don't even acknowledge the MV.Oh well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I suspect they were douchbags before, and the Ducatis are just a coincidence. You should be safe :)
And I don't think they realize that Ducatis aren't as "exclusive" as they used to be. When I bought my 748 twenty years ago I had only ever seen an 888 twice in my life. Now they're almost common, at least where I live. Ever since Ducati ran into financial trouble, the brand is almost watered down. The Panigale 959 can be had for less money now than the 748 cost back then. They're still really nice bikes, but not the jaw-dropping, heart-stopping sex on wheels that they used to be. At least to me. I absolutely loved my 748 and my 848 was okay/nice. My F4 though: swoon!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
We are a family here alot of great guys who know so much about these bikes and can help you work on the bikes too its so easy

What can i say about ducati owners except that they get a free bottle of red nail polish with every bike lol

Good day gents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 61 Posts