MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Vendor
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a comparison between this forum and other motorcycle forums.
I recently purchased a secondhand Ducati 1198s and thought I would join the Ducati forum which is run by the same administrator as this.
I must say they are not very friendly or welcoming thats for sure.
When you join as a newbie you don't seem to get much of a reply.
I also noticed on general comments in posts where owners are asking for help,there are so many smart-arse comments.
So is that just Ducati or are most forums of other brands similar.
This MV forum is like a family and when help is needed it is given.
Over the years here we have lost alot of great members due to moving away from MV etc.
I am very proud to be a member here and meet so many great people.
Thanks.

·
Administrator
19,807 Posts
It is kind of like a family here.... unlike pretty much every other forum I have been involved with.
The Indian owner's forum isn't too bad, but still not quite the same feel.

Proud to have you has my forum friend !!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
LOL I'm back here (had a 910S and b3 800 a few years ago). Back at looking to get another bike, made the mistake of buying a vstrom which was the most boring bike I've ever owned. Still not sure if I'll get another MV or Ape or Duc we shall see.

I"ve been on the ducatims forum for a very long time, some of it may come down to member count, this forum has 48k, ducatims has 74k.

Curious been gone a couple years from here, whatever happened to Randy (randarosa?) He doesn't seem to be around anymore.

·
Registered
273 Posts
BMW RnineT forum was pretty good, similar helpful people but I think this is friendlier.

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
LOL I'm back here (had a 910S and b3 800 a few years ago). Back at looking to get another bike, made the mistake of buying a vstrom which was the most boring bike I've ever owned. Still not sure if I'll get another MV or Ape or Duc we shall see.

I"ve been on the ducatims forum for a very long time, some of it may come down to member count, this forum has 48k, ducatims has 74k.

Curious been gone a couple years from here, whatever happened to Randy (randarosa?) He doesn't seem to be around anymore.
Most of us are getting senile. I think he forgot his password.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I am also on a few others, both under Vertiscope and other platforms. No doubt this is a very cohesive group which can be seen from outsiders to have its cliques - as do many other forums. But that 'outside' view is really superficial because as mentioned by Ed: it is like family here. Like all families we have our banter and disputes, but all come out well in the end.

The level of assistance though - and detailed assistance - is truly second to none. Sure, we still have the occasional 'use the search function' but for me, I would rather be told that than some of the tripe offered by grandstanding members of some other forums.

I am not so sure it's age-related. I suggest it's the different 'class' of person who buys and enthuses over the MV rather than some of the dropkicks I have encountered on, say, a Honda forum. Enough said!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I’m on a few forums, this is by far one of the better ones. The AF1 forum I’ve also found great in the Caponord ETV sub forum. I haven’t really gelled with any of the Ducati forums or Kawasaki ones.

The ones that seem better are the ones where owners tend to work on the bikes themselves or at least want to learn to.

Facebook seems to have killed off most of the forums after photobucket ruined so many threads and people turned to a more photo friendly platform.

I prefer forums, but the FB pages have taken over, glad to see this forum still has an active membership.

·
Vendor
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks for the feedback.So I have to prove I am a Ducati enthusiast.

·
Vendor
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is kind of like a family here.... unlike pretty much every other forum I have been involved with.
The Indian owner's forum isn't too bad, but still not quite the same feel.

Proud to have you has my forum fiend !!
Thanks Ed,appreciate the comment.;)

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
1198S Mitchy. Apart from the air cooled models that is my idea of a nice looking Ducati. Enjoy getting it up to your standard of presentation.

·
Vendor
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Jon,2 Italian stalians in the garage now.I rode it home from the dealer,pulled it apart to check everything and learn the mechanics of it.
So,new front disc rotors,slipper clutch,big battery,heavy duty battery cables (these bikes have massive compression)new tyres and couple of pretty bits.$4000.00 later it will be ready to go.
This Ducati is much different to a MV in power delivery as in the MV power delivery builds from idle on whereas the Ducati rattles itself pieces under 3000 rpm then above it is like a 2 stroke lightswitch it comes alive.
Hope you are well mate during these hard times.

·
Administrator
19,807 Posts
Randy still pops in now and again, but is not riding so much anymore. He has moved on to other hobbies and actually sold off most of his collection of bikes. Still has the MV 910R though !!

Reactions: Edward and zvez

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
This is one of the top 3 forums on my list of most favorite and most helpful, and the only one where I have actually met a couple of dozen members and developed personal friendships. That makes this place unique.

·
Registered
367 Posts
This is one of the top 3 forums on my list of most favorite and most helpful, and the only one where I have actually met a couple of dozen members and developed personal friendships. That makes this place unique.
Ditto, yet to meet, but made friends offline all the same, also meetings arranged. (y) Other forums aren't a patch on this one, as people are friendly (mostly) share a common interest and genuinely all (mostly) tend to love the MV brand and their choice of machine forming a decent brotherhood of riders. People of various ages, experience and skill levels (riding, mechanical and social :D ) makes for an interesting bunch, conversations & banter and I personally have found the support from the community in general, 2nd to none, other forums I've been on are nowhere close.

@mitchy is one of the forum members who will go out of his way to help you with an issue, share his experience and even create a product to resolve issues for all us gen 1 owners :D He is encouraging and helpful and a top man I won't hold the Ducati against him :) (y) Hope you enjoy the beast @mitchy (y)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Just a comparison between this forum and other motorcycle forums.
I recently purchased a secondhand Ducati 1198s and thought I would join the Ducati forum which is run by the same administrator as this.
I must say they are not very friendly or welcoming thats for sure.
When you join as a newbie you don't seem to get much of a reply.
I also noticed on general comments in posts where owners are asking for help,there are so many smart-arse comments.
So is that just Ducati or are most forums of other brands similar.
This MV forum is like a family and when help is needed it is given.
Over the years here we have lost alot of great members due to moving away from MV etc.
I am very proud to be a member here and meet so many great people.
Thanks.
which one? I find the uk Ducati forum fantastic, been on it for years !

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
This is a great forum with great people. Been hanging around these pages since 2012 and never had a question not answered.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts