MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
You all know what this means...you better hold on to your MV forever and for those that can, buy up as many as possible. i would love to have at least 1 for each day of the week!! I can dream!! :p

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Just when all looks good in the world..... me thinks its time to sell car and get my name down on the F4 Senna, it might be the last MV...

·
Registered
16 Posts
NFW! Really?

I thought with all there recent mag articles they would be doing much better with sales! Oh no I hope this doesn't happen I just bought my used MV in hopes that in a couple of years I would get another one. :mad:
Say it aint so say it aint so!!!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Problem seems to be that Proton have performed weakly in both the domestic and the export market, their share of home market dropping from 57% ten years ago to less than a third these days, and exports account for only 5% of total revenues.
The Malaysian goverment which has 42.5% control of Proton has become increasingly aware that for the company to survive it needs a major player, and has chosen VW as its prefered partner.

Yes its really true....MV upsidedown is VW!!
If this is the case and actually happens, then its all good news for MV.

·
Registered
24 Posts
More than likely MV would be bought out. That appears to be the trend. To sad to let such a great company go out that easily. We just have to hope they will keep the same theory behind MV. Hope it doesn't become a Ducati type company where they will focus on mass production and volume.

·
Registered
312 Posts
evsmotors said:
More than likely MV would be bought out. That appears to be the trend. To sad to let such a great company go out that easily. We just have to hope they will keep the same theory behind MV. Hope it doesn't become a Ducati type company where they will focus on mass production and volume.

taking the words out of my mouth .....

·
Registered
56 Posts
I thought the prince of malaysia was effectively in control of proton, a friend of mine went to school with his son, he is ment to be racing mad. He said when he picked MV up that he didn't want to interfere with the passion of the italian makers and so wasn't really in it for the $$$. He has a whole lot of money and as he has picked up something that means alot to him he will be very reluctant to let it go.

Thats what my thoughts are anyway, i could be wrong.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hmmmm

I've done my part in keeping Proton profitable.....I bought a new Lotus Elise 6 months ago and just brought home my new MV 6 DAYS ago! I hope it's all a rumor and nothing more. By the way, I love both vehicles, they're amazing. Sold my Ferrari for the Lotus and my beloved 916 for the MV. No regrets!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
trouble for mv ahead

further to protons possible financial hic up, word here in europe is that proton are in line to buy out volkswagen, hence all spare investments may be redirected to that. if so mv will surely take a back seat for several years, or perhaps more worrying sold off. dalzell :green:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Oh ****!

Is this not so typical of great design/creative genius given charge of running a business? When will they learn! The British motorcycle industry went this way, and so has most of the European Marques

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Only the worst sounding of the press has been shown above. Proton said straight away they were incurring debt along with the initial outlay. Read more on the subject and you'll see that most of this has to do with making provisions for a takeover/partnership with an outside firm, as you said it will most likely be VW. Cleaning up the books so to speak...

·
Registered
1 Posts
mellottiracing said:
yea, your right. Ducati was headed this way right before Castiloini(?) sold it off to T.P.G. He can start a hell of a company, but he just can't seem to keep them going. maybe VW will buy them? i just wish that they could have remained 100% Italian and not have these problems. I know first hand that having Fast By Ferracci as the "master dealer" in the U.S.A. is a very bad idea. He is giving M.V. a very Very bad rep. his customer service is measured in the negative. like -100.
Is this true about Fast By Ferracci? I was planning on buying a bike from them at the beginning of riding season in February or so. They are quite literally 1/2 mile away from my house and so I thought it was an unusually fortunate convenience to have someone so close by to service and maintain it. What information are you aware of as regards their reputation and customer service if you dont mind my asking?

·
Registered
93 Posts
hi..

newbie here from malaysia..i am riding an RC51 rite now but has a long interest on the f4..

sad indeed if proton had to let go MV...and i do believe that proton's problem is not just becoz of the MV..

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
rudebwoy said:
Is this true about Fast By Ferracci? I was planning on buying a bike from them at the beginning of riding season in February or so. They are quite literally 1/2 mile away from my house and so I thought it was an unusually fortunate convenience to have someone so close by to service and maintain it. What information are you aware of as regards their reputation and customer service if you dont mind my asking?
I'm in Australia and am aware of Ferracci's bad reputation and heard many horror stories. You might very well have a problem fee transaction with them as I have heard this is possible but should any problem arise they have an unusually high amount of compliants and are very rude if you get on the wrong side of them, which is not hard and can be as simple as your bike having a warranty issue and god forbid if you are unhappy with something they do. It is convenient but this is not a risk I would want to take. I would be shopping elsewhere, you dont receive this type of reputation for no reason...he doesn't desreve your business or an MV dealership.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
rudebwoy said:
Now I don't have first hand experience but:

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=155

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64&highlight=ferracci

:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts