MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the F4-750 for a couple of weeks now and after my initial comfort and heat issues, together with a feeling that I wasn't finding the corner handling very inspiring, it's all beginning to fall into place.

Firstly I realise that the dealer I bought it from, (not an official MV dealer), was crap. They sold a six year old bike with six year old fluids in it after they said it'd "go through the workshop" when I bought it. Changing the sludge in the sump and the gritty dark puddle in the radiator has made the engine run cooler, and a damn sight smoother.

I guess I should've taken note of this and checked a bit further. My front end tipping into corners and general corner-handling scariness was solved today when the tyre pressure were checked and found to be 6 psi down, front and back. Instantly the handling became much more focused and trustworthy. I know I should have checked them myself, but you kind of assume a bike leaves a dealer's in the right condition, no?

Oh, and the chain was too tight, which probably wasn't helping my impression that the bike was too snatchy taking slow turns on a slightly open throttle.

I did about 60 miles today and didn't feel like I needed a chiropractor the moment I got off. I put this down to getting smoother as I get more used to it. The first day I had it I worried that I simlpy wouldn't be able to stand riding it. I have no such worries now!

Si

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yeah when you get the suspension dialed in, I think you'll be very, very happy with your new purchase. I've only owned my 1000 for a few months, but spent the first few weeks dialing everything in and am now very glad that I did. Also just as a side bar: You can have someone help set your suspension up (and probably should if your not familiar), but get in the habit of checking your own tire pressure, weekly. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts