MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typically forums have a mix of mostly problems and some new bike excitement. While maybe the honeymoon is lingering, at over 3K miles I love this bike more and more. Part of it is now having a 2nd bike that serves the 2-up side of things so the TV ends up being more solo fun with the occasional 2-up sporty ride.

I have to say the QD pipes really helped make the bike more visceral and fun. The engine seems to either like the pipes or it is breaking in as it feels smoother with a great snarl. I almost wish I had a bit less suspension travel, but I also haven't tweaking things other than rear preload so I may attack that next. Could splurge for Ohlins but not sure that is necessary.

Aren't really any mods that I feel like I need to do - the bike makes me giggle just the way it is. It works as a commuter, shines in the canyons, and is gorgeous.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have to agree with you here, mine is just getting better and better the more I use it. I even did 210 miles on a tank over the weekend which included some enthusiastic riding and still found it took less than 20 litres to fill.
Possible spanner in the ointment however as Mrs Dukesox and I are looking to move house and have just found somewhere perfect in every way other than being a few £000 too expensive. I may have to sell to fund the gap.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I haven't had my TV for very long and I've certainly had my share of niggles and irritations (alarm, sensor failure, replacement battery etc) but I managed a couple of decent rides over the weekend and what a fantastic bike it is. The engine is so responsive and willing and the handling is totally confidence-inspiring and just all round rock solid. And it looks truly beautiful ! So, the niggles have been forgotten and I'm just desperate for the sun to shine and to get back on it again............. Thanks, btw, to Ed Cosker who was prepared to step in where the MV warranty cover was so clearly inadequate.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So yesterday I was at the shop having a new front tire fitted and had the opportunity to ride a couple of bikes as I've been thinking of adding another one to the stable. Rode both the Tuono RR and Factory, and also an F3 800 that they just got (and is available for a raging price). I was thinking that I wanted to get something with a bit more aggressive riding position than the TV and Capo for canyons. The Tuonos are both amazing, mostly due to the V4 engine. It is just crazy good - docile at low revs, pulls like a freight train as the revs rise. I was ready to pull the trigger.

Rode the F3. It is a little uncomfortable - hard to ride with an erection :D. I love love love the looks of the bike. It is a fully committed sport bike position though, and not really a "smart" bike for me as I don't do track days and around town it would be miserable. I'll turn 55 this year and my body is pretty beat up from various injuries so getting into a tuck is a challenge. But still...that bike moves me.

I was ready to write a check for the Tuono, but needed to head home and check to make sure my storage solution was going to work as there's not enough room in the garage so it would have to go in the back yard. I rode the TV home and was reminded that the bike is just freakin' spectacular. I pretty much talked myself out of the Tuono by the time I got home. Then trying out my storage plan with the TV (which is about the same width as the Tuono) showed that my plan was flawed - just too tight getting through the opening to the back yard and a pita to get it on the concrete pad, etc. So that helped seal the decision.

But mostly, it is just how good the TV is. I do wish I had just a tad lower bar position sometimes but the bike is just a hoot. I still am tempted to buy the F3 and just stare at it, but maybe more sensical is to wait for the new Brutale 800 which looks to be essentially similar to the TV with less travel and tighter riding position.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are the TV bars adjustable? Can you rotate them forward or back for a lower grip position?

Or maybe aftermarket bars? Protaper have a lot of options.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not really adjustable. It is a pretty tall riser, but going lower would probably have the bar contact the front fairing. I could swap to a flat bar but not a big enough issue at this point and the bike handles great with the current setup. My shoulder was a little angry about 150 miles into yesterday's ride but I suspect part of that was the previous day's hour or so on a Tuono and F3 :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can rotate the bars a small amount forward or backwards before contacting the fairing, also the levers and master cylinders are not adjustable on the bars so too mach movement will have the reservoirs at an awkward angle. That said, a small amount of rotation moves the grips a useful amount back and forth. I rotated mine forward a bit and got a much more comfortable riding position.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts