MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4 years and almost 8k miles i think it might be time to move on .

Very sad but i have had the MV experiance i never thought would be possible and it may be best to admit its to much for me before finding out for sure .

Also have a couple of other bikes to keep me interested and quite fancy another 4 wheeled toy .

Could anyone advise on what my bike is worth in the UK at the moment?

2010 Black/White
1 owner
Just had major service
MV Corse Belly Pan
MV Corse Seat
MV Corse Seat Cowel

Needs nothing and totally imaculate .

Any advice welcome

Steve

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Steve in UK.
Reopropf in USA

Steve..if it is time to move on...do it. It's a machine.

If I read him right, the 1090 maybe too much machine. I can understand; these MV's no matter what take a lot of skill and there is a fine line of skill/control and safely harnessing the power offered by these beasts. Especially on the roads now full of distracted drivers.
It is always a battle to get home alive.
A Brute 1090 makes that challenge more difficult than a Brute 675 or lesser powered different marque.

I choose my riding carefully, preferring early am rides, weekends or evenings, no commuting and circuits that take me out into the countryside. I like 1-200mile loops leaving by 7am, off road by 12-1p.

I wonder what others think and do? (sorry to hijack thread)

Peter

·
Registered
304 Posts
With all due respect - I think you're talking about external factors and Steve is talking about internal factors. I've had friends sell bikes like the Brutale for the same reasons.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Steve ,you have other underlying issues here maybe ?. 1968 ,you are younger than me, so the thrill of the 1090 is matched by not to many other bikes. Feel free to express your true feelings on this forum, and many will tell you that YOU ARE CRAZY, GO AND SEEK SOME HELP.

Cheers Eddy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Steve, did we meet @ Sherburn a few weeks ago? (I'm the fat git with the 2011 black/pearl 1090RR).

Dunno about values mate, but I was just recently pondering putting up my Brute for sale this Spring, I still might, but everytime I get back from a blast, I change my mind :brutale:

Bloody tough call :popcorn:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Private sale, between £6500 - 7500 I guess ........ I've been looking as struggling to get my head around cornering with the clip-ons on my F4 ....... (after 25+ years on flat-barred bikes). It's difficult as there's not a lot out there. Best to look at whats on ebay/bike-trader and pitch it accordingly?

Good luck selling, and if I sell mine first I might be giving you a call ......

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Steve, did we meet @ Sherburn a few weeks ago? (I'm the fat git with the 2011 black/pearl 1090RR).

Dunno about values mate, but I was just recently pondering putting up my Brute for sale this Spring, I still might, but everytime I get back from a blast, I change my mind :brutale:

Bloody tough call :popcorn:

No it wasn't me .

I also feel the same every time I ride it , its just the three bikes and only one backside thing . I do also really fancy a Cayman .

However if folks are right with their evaluations I don't suppose they will drop a lot more , especially since the later ones appear to be a lesser spec.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts