MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my first post here so a big hi to everyone!

I am located in Athens, Greece and thinking of buying a slightly used Brutale 750 (2007) with approx. 5000 miles.

I come from the Japanese school of thought, was a Z750 owner for years (until it got stolen) among others.

The million dollar question: Is it reliable? I've heard about a few electrical problems and that the rear hub bearings are kind of touchy. Plus, support from Italy hasnt been the best for quite a few owners who had troubles with their Brutale. WHat about the engine? Does it run trouble-free?

Other questions would be...well, nothing original:
Does it feel fast? What about the handling?

Unfortunately i havent had the chance to test-drive it yet (will do so hopefully in a couple of weeks) so i wanted to get a first feedback from you guys . Any additional info that might be helpfull is more than welcomed.

Thanks a lot!
J

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
If it is a 2008, it is a 910 not a 750.

Welcome aboard!

Buy it, you'll love it. Everyone else does.

CAG

·
Registered
415 Posts
Is it reliable?
Very reliable bike, super high quality on all heavy bits, but like all italians it has to have a few silly issues, like for instance before 2006 the headlight glass wasn´t properly sealed and could just drop from the assembly (did for me) and yes it took quite a while to get a replacement one (also Italian style) which would have costed a fortune (MV style) if it would have happened after warranty period. One other thing that happened to me was that the rear wheel nut locked and gave me a lot of problems, not sure if you should call it a Brutale issue though.
Did have some light (light) stalling issues that was solved with the PCIII.

Does it feel fast?
Wooohoo!!! you can read about that all over the forum + the internet as a whole.

What about the handling?
Wooohoo!!! bringing this bike to the track feels like cheating!

What about the engine? Does it run trouble-free?
Runs superb, I have had two Brutales the 750 and now a 910, not even close to change to any other bike yet, and have done 27 000 troublefree brutale-kilometers regarding functionality.

·
Registered
712 Posts
i work at a dealership and i have the horrible responsibility of having to ride all these bikes when i have to accompany a client for test rides so here are my thoughts.

thruxton - cool cool cool! heavy and underpowered. did i say cool? yes its very cool. if aesthetics come first the thruxton would have it in aces.

sport classic- very cool still and has got the performance to back it up. we have one that has a shark exhaust on it and man that sucker is loud! handles better and about 30 lbs lighter. also brakes better.

s4rs- strong engine, awesome suspension and brakes comfortable and more upright than brutale, the handling is less extreme than the brutale, its geared more towards being a naked bike with a superbike engine, so ergos are comfortable.

brutale- as the name says, itl pick up the front end with any provocation, loud and makes alot of ruckus when its running. handling is closer to a sportbike, footpegs and bars are more extreme , hence less comfortable.

so those are my doubloons.

by the way im 5'6" with 28 inch inseam. oh and the exhaust fumes on the mv comes back around where you can smell it when youre doing about 65mph.
someone wrote a summary of some bikes in terms of performance.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Achilles :stickpoke

Upload pictures of Ios :mouthwate

and we will anwser all questions :yo:

Hint >> you will grow out of a 750 and you will grow into 910.

Thx

·
Registered
415 Posts
Achilles :stickpoke

Upload pictures of Ios :mouthwate

and we will anwser all questions :yo:

Hint >> you will grow out of a 750 and you will grow into 910.

Thx
Yes and you and me will grow out of our 910 bikes, i´ll get the 1078 next year but I´m glad i started with the 750 anyway - more fun to grow in and out of more machines:)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Gia sou Achilles

MV Agustas DO NOT have problems !!!!!!!!!!!!:yo:

Maybe it is of interest for you : Thomas Ntaes, who runs an authorised service workshop, tel. 210 2757158, has a very nice 910.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
If it is a 2008, it is a 910 not a 750.

Welcome aboard!

Buy it, you'll love it. Everyone else does.

CAG
+1 to all the above :yo:

But, you may want to verify the size/year--You may be getting snowed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for the info everyone! I am almost convinced, so bring it on!

I know its a fantastic bike, a pure bred with a true italiano character. What i am interested in is getting a bit into the details in terms of reliability. I've already checked quite a few things on this board.

So far, the Brutale might be problematic in the following:
- Fusebox
- Electrical Circuit / Electronics
- Rear hub bearings
- Assembly of front light.

Gia sou Achilles

MV Agustas DO NOT have problems !!!!!!!!!!!!:yo:

Maybe it is of interest for you : Thomas Ntaes, who runs an authorised service workshop, tel. 210 2757158, has a very nice 910.
Gia sou file, thanks gia to 910, tha parw na rwthsw.

Ti xereis gia to kostos sintirisis /antallaktikwn stin Ellada? Me tis times pou akouw frikarw.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I know for sure it was purchased on March 2008, brand new.
Well, I bought my 2004 750 brand new in 2006, and I wasn't the last. But 750 production ended in 2005, after that all 910s (or 1078 from 2008).

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well, I bought my 2004 750 brand new in 2006, and I wasn't the last. But 750 production ended in 2005, after that all 910s (or 1078 from 2008).
Really? Me too:) bought my brand new 2004 Brutale (rest in peace) in 2006.. Had never heard of the bike until one day I stood face to face with this one, at an Aprilia dealer in mid vinter 2006 - bought it without test ride 2 days later.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I took a friend's 910 for a test ride this morning... no comments:hitit::drummer:

·
Registered
227 Posts
What, no comment? Did you like it? - or not?

Spill man, what did you like or not like about it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What, no comment? Did you like it? - or not?

Spill man, what did you like or not like about it?
I think the icons i posted speak out by themselves! :yo:

The bike's great. Just great. It's light, corners like a rabbit, has more than enough power for its kind and looks damn sexy. And sounds sexy too. After 4-5,000 rpm it sounds a bit like a Ferrari.

What made me think for a moment were Nissin's breaks. Maybe they need adjustment but felt kind of spongy, especially the rear one.

Overall...i loved it:brutale:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I found mine looking for a Cagiva--Didn't even realize there was an MV dealer in AZ. Found out they had a leftover '04 and rode down to test ride it for fun.
The ride was nothing short of orgasmic. The bike's response was absolutely telepathic.

Called the next day to place a deposit, picked it up one week from the test ride, put 1000 miles on it the next week, got the break-in service, and proceeded to put another 23,000 miles on. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I decided to go for the 750, thing is, the front light has no plastic cover (it fell off), which is not sold separately. It can only be bought as a complete front headlight set. The owner is having trouble convincing the dealer to arrange this through the warranty.

The cost of this part is 429euros +19% vat, about 600 bucks. :banghead:

·
Registered
272 Posts
i also had a z750 before my brutale.

no comparison can be made. smaller, extreme handling, lighter, more power, very good suspension, only sperb parts and dont forget the most stunning look on the hole bike planet...

only issue is fuel. you will need more or less 10l !

·
Registered
779 Posts
I decided to go for the 750, thing is, the front light has no plastic cover (it fell off), which is not sold separately. It can only be bought as a complete front headlight set. The owner is having trouble convincing the dealer to arrange this through the warranty.

The cost of this part is 429euros +19% vat, about 600 bucks. :banghead:
The headlight is glass.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts