MV Agusta Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
character vs characterless

........there will be loads of mods for the bmw ....... all carried out under warranty and safety recalls lol :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I was all set to pick up a HP4, then I saw it at the motorcycle show in the flesh and, even though it is cool, it just looked kinda blah.

Now they had a ducati panigale R on hand and that thing was sexy as hell.

Funny cause from pics alone I thought the hp4 looked better than the Panigale R. In person.....quite a different story.

Needless to say now I want the panigale.

The bmw (at least my 2010) is really a great bike and I am sure that the hp4 is even better. I do have to agree though, it does seem lack that certain intangible thing the italians have. I always hated saying a bike had "soul" cause that seems stupid.....but maybe that is it?

Whatever it is is what makes everyone stare at you as you go riding by.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
I say do it. It's a win win situation. Win 1 you get the bike you want. Win 2 another used F4 on the market for someone else to enjoy.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I owned the S1000RR for 18 months or so, a great bike and there really is very little that compares performance wise, my mate had a 2010 (new shape) F4 at the time and the S1000RR just destroyed it everywhere.
But, the std bike fitted with a full akra system and PCV was mindblowing fast, it would lift the front at around 125mph just on sheer hp.

BMW say that the bike does not need a PCV when swapping the exhaust, they say it will correct the fuelling itself, it probably does, but corrects it to 14.7:1 AF ratio, a PCV makes the world of difference.

The BMW does have some rough edges though, rear subframe looks home made and to be honest it was not a comfortable bike at all, I traded a 09R1 in for it and found the S1000RR uncomfortable by comparison.

I felt the bike was dominated by the engine and was not a rounded package, I am happier on the RSV4 factory than I was on the BMW
+1 Exactly the impression I was left with after getting off the BMW.

Also agree on that RSV4, Fantastic all rounded bike with that Italian flair.

Unfortunately in my books even the RSV4 doesn't hold a candle to the F4's aesthetics.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Erm... Panigale? just shy of 195hp, looks sexier then an F4 (sorry MV but it does), has the tech and a frame to make the BMW look out-dated (and everything else), and it's still Italian Design at it's best.

And as if that wasn't enough, you get a V-Twin and all the awesomness that goes along with it.... AND it handles like it's on rails.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The Panigale is a lower bike and a skinnier bike, so great for cyclists maybe that like tiny seats, and it has a fugly shock placement that digs into your left thigh, yeah.......lovely bike, (not), also has the common to BMW fat ugly under bike silencer which does looks better though.

Its a Ducati, and as usual people may fall over themselves praising it, the best view is from the front imo.

I would need to spend some time on it and see if it got better on the move, but sitting on a couple for a while was enough

of course, just my2p

·
Registered
786 Posts
The Panigale is a lower bike and a skinnier bike, so great for cyclists maybe that like tiny seats, and it has a fugly shock placement that digs into your left thigh, yeah.......lovely bike, (not), also has the common to BMW fat ugly under bike silencer which does looks better though.

Its a Ducati, and as usual people may fall over themselves praising it, the best view is from the front imo.

I would need to spend some time on it and see if it got better on the move, but sitting on a couple for a while was enough

of course, just my2p
In this case I believe the praise is well deserved for both bikes.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

of course, just my2p
I dunno, I test rode one and found it quite enjoyable. Not a blistering fast as the s1000, but it has it's own unique character being a twin. Also this bike is unparalled in terms of size for a liter bike. It seriously makes the F4 feel huge.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I dunno, I test rode one and found it quite enjoyable. Not a blistering fast as the s1000, but it has it's own unique character being a twin. Also this bike is unparalled in terms of size for a liter bike. It seriously makes the F4 feel huge.
So, you going to pull the trigger???

·
Registered
705 Posts
Maybe try selling your bike instead of trading it in for a big loss. hell. im looking for a used bike.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
So, you going to pull the trigger???
Yeah I am. Just trying to figure out if I want to pick up a used tri and save a little cash or just go all out and get the "R". Funny cause I really didnt' like the "R" paint job from the photos, but in person it looks awesome. Plus it's probably the only current "R" from ducati I will ever be able to afford since it's not $40K for a change...lol. Kind of wondering if the extra performance will be noticeable by a non professional like myself. How is your pani treating you now adays?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts