MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

well last weekend i had demo ride new 2013 BMW S1000RR Basic model and man i love it
easy to ride, smooth with lot's of power
after test ride i when up to ACH and i meet one guy with 2013 BMW S1000RR HP4 Stander model
bike look really good

also one of my friend just trade he's new 2013 Ducati panigale s wtih 2012 BMW S1000RR.

well hollywood bmw dealer told me most of 2013 BMW S1000RR AND HP4 are sold out

I love MV and this is my 3rd MV. I still love my MV but BMW S1000rr is awesome

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
409 Posts
The beemer was quite a bike to ride. Truly. I've got a buddy that has one.

I compared the two like this:

One moves your ass, the other moves your soul!

and your ass. :yo:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The beemer was quite a bike to ride. Truly. I've got a buddy that has one.

I compared the two like this:

One moves your ass, the other moves your soul!

and your ass. :yo:
:yo:
i like that
thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've never ridden the BMW but everything I've read and watched indicates it's a fantastic machine. Unfortunately, it's about as pretty as the Elephant Man's sister and regardless of any performance difference, the MV is still a work of art in comparison.

Given that most of us can't approach the limits with either machine, physically or legally, it comes down to what you want to see in your garage.

Eric

·
Registered
409 Posts
I've never ridden the BMW but everything I've read and watched indicates it's a fantastic machine. Unfortunately, it's about as pretty as the Elephant Man's sister and regardless of the performance the MV is still a work of art in comparison.

Given that most of us can't approach the limits with either machine, physically or legally, it comes down to what you want to see in your garage.

Eric
I'll quote a buddy of mine who is a tech with BMW in Austin, as he rides a Yamaha and why he would not/does not own a S1KRR,

"It's a BMW, it'll break...."

:smoking:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I came VERY cose to purchasing a RR. An amazing bike. VERY VERY fast . The MV and Duc dealer is also the BMW dealer. After much thought I decided the bike is just to fast for me for weekend fun runs. In short my skill set would let me get in trouble . I have owned a Duc 1198 S , but the RR is in a different class when it comes to spend. When you run thru the gears really powering the thing up you must remind yourself to take a breath. The looks are OK. Not a MV. Ok, I still want one!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
"It's a BMW, it'll break...."

Because all the other brands are bullet proof, right?.

:smoking:[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nearly bought the 2011 white blue one after I ve ridden a friends 2010 model.thing is its like a jap bike. I ve had gsxr and zx 10 and the rr is nearly the same. In my opinion emotionless
after riding my f4 for the wend I changed my mind. Solid feel feeling special all the time. Needs care but who/what doesnt..
Keping the f4 and no regrets.
What you could do is apent a few $$ and upgrade with a new exhaust etc etc

·
Registered
44 Posts
Would ck out the new 2013 F4RR ,elec ohlins, throttle by wire, ti rods, 8lb less exhaust, 3 lbs off whls, think we need someone to test the new one, and there is no contest on looks, just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would ck out the new 2013 F4RR ,elec ohlins, throttle by wire, ti rods, 8lb less exhaust, 3 lbs off whls, think we need someone to test the new one, and there is no contest on looks, just my opinion.
:yo:

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I came VERY cose to purchasing a RR. An amazing bike. VERY VERY fast . The MV and Duc dealer is also the BMW dealer. After much thought I decided the bike is just to fast for me for weekend fun runs. In short my skill set would let me get in trouble . I have owned a Duc 1198 S , but the RR is in a different class when it comes to spend. When you run thru the gears really powering the thing up you must remind yourself to take a breath. The looks are OK. Not a MV. Ok, I still want one!
you would buy it cause it's fast? It's like riding a sewing machine- very smooth but not very exciting. The MV is plenty fast for me and a lot more exciting. But that's why they make more than one kind of bike. To each his own. whatever you buy have fun and be safe

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am crazy about my MV! I currently own 3 bikes. The BMW RR would need to be number 4. With that stated I am still getting comfortable with the speed of the MV. It is a lot faster than my Duc Monster. It is so easy to ride vs my Duc 1198 S . ( I sold the 1198 and Monster, still own a Duc Multi and HD dresser)BUT, if was really going to add bike 4 to the collection I think I would need to deal with the fact that the MV F3 is the best looking bike on the earth! 5 bikes? I need to hit the Lotto.:f4:

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Hello

well last weekend i had demo ride new 2013 BMW S1000RR Basic model and man i love it
easy to ride, smooth with lot's of power
after test ride i when up to ACH and i meet one guy with 2013 BMW S1000RR HP4 Stander model
bike look really good

also one of my friend just trade he's new 2013 Ducati panigale s wtih 2012 BMW S1000RR.

well hollywood bmw dealer told me most of 2013 BMW S1000RR AND HP4 are sold out

I love MV and this is my 3rd MV. I still love my MV but BMW S1000rr is awesome

what do you guys think?
I have ridden the S1000RR. It's a fast machine but my ancient F4 feels faster (even though its NOT). It's certainly one hell of a machine but lacks the soul of the F4.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have ridden the BMW and it is fast, smooth and comfortable as mentioned. But, it reminded me of a better version of the CBR1000 I owned. Just doesn't have the character/soul of a Duc or an MV.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts