MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, in order to join the limp weenie brigade (F4 owners) I need to sell my prized Ducati Sport 1000. It's got 2500 miles, Termi 2 into 2 exhaust, Speedy Moto bling, ST4 bar risers (worth a couple of inches I'd guess), and the provenance of having Fast Jimmy ride it to it's potential.

How much? I really don't know. If you're serious, send me a PM, and we'll discuss it. Looks and runs perfect. I kinda hope it doesn't sell, because then I'll be forced to buy that Senna I'm thinking about......:wtf:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, it's an '06 model.....more pics in my album

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Randy, has someone done a pre sale inspection of the Senna?

I wish you all the best with the sale of your Duke, having seen it in the flesh - it's a real beauty.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Great bike.............FJ has proved that more than once!!

That Ducati runs real well, just ask anyone who was trying to follow Fast Jimmy 'anywhere' whenever he was riding it.

Hope you get the Senna Randy..............a worthy addition to your stable.

:smoking:​

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Go for it Randy - be a shame to see the Ducati go but with a Senna to join the Brutie in the garage you will have the best of both worlds!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
hmm i dnt know. as much as i like the senna. i think randy might not like it. i think the duc is more to his liking. what will the senna be for. investment or for riding it like he stole it.....

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You have to sell the Duc to buy the Senna, poor Randy:bawling: :rolleyes:
Keep both, hearses don't have roof racks!

juuuuust kiddin:)
don't HAVE to sell Ducati..........

one question for you Lance: Are you married? :)

one more question: Do you understand the concept of the shell game?

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Not married:highclap:. Through my 20's and 30's I sometimes felt like a loser not being married. Then my friends started going thru messy divorces, losing their homes, splitting assets, child custody etc and telling me I'm the luckiest person they know. I realize some marriages work , and I'm sure they weren't without tough times, but I don't think it's for me. My last long term relationship was 10 years. She was persistant, but I wouldn't give in.
Never too late to get married. So never say never.
Oh, while I understand the shell game, never expirienced it.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not married.
....then you don't fully understand. I don't have to sell the Ducati, but doing so would likely set well with the wife. She never tells me what to buy, or how much to spend, but she does occasionally look at me with that "Are you serious, another motorcycle?" look.

Swapping one for the other keeps the shell game going.

One other point......how many bikes do I need? (less than I have) I already find it hard to keep all of them in good working order. Yesterday, the weather was absolutlely perfect for a good ride. What did I do? I rode all 10 of my bikes.......3 minutes each. :wtf: I cranked up each bike, warmed it up, and rode it around the block to warm up the tranny. What's the fun in that?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
lol, I've done that ride around the block thing too. A bit tedious, and definitely not much fun. Although it's almost never all the bikes; I can pretty much count on at least one of the Ducatis not starting!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I really enjoyed riding that bike it did everything well and Randy kept it in pristine condition.

I thing it oozes bags of character and its got the right kit on it.

If you being picky I would deffo put some supersport tyres on it then you would have a very good tool comfortable quick enough and bags of style.

FJ

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nothing but the best Old Bean thanks for the comment.

So when are you coming to the TT?

To live in Dallas you must be rich right?

Cheers

FJ

1 - 20 of 28 Posts