MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Recently I have been thinking more and more about selling my Brutale in favor of something more touring orientated. After a trip to Ireland last year I was really put off taking the Brute on long trips. There just isn't space for everything on the tiny pillion seat. The majority of the riding I do is to and from work and the occasional long trip.

So my question would be, what is the going rate for an average condition B4. Mine has had a new hub from Mitchy, an upgraded SPU, a new generator and when I get it all back together, some nice CF parts and an LED tail light.

It has not yet had the valve clearances done, but it is close to the 14k mile mark when this is due.

I would like to get £3k for it, thoughts?

(this is very similar to my bike, except mine has back wheels. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201901093766788?model=BRUTALE&sort=price-asc&make=MV%20AGUSTA&advertising-location=at_bikes&postcode=dd109aq&radius=1501&page=1&modal=photos)

·
Registered
194 Posts
lets see some pictures !
I would also recommend listing it on Ducati, BMW and Triumph Forum/sites, these guys are motorcycle aficionados with extra coin to buy multiple bikes.

Good luck with the sale !

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's a good idea.

I plan on getting some pics up as soon as I get round to putting all the plastics back on. Its been stripped down to replace the throttle cables and some general tidying up.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So with the current COVID-19 situation, I have had some time to tinker around in the sheds and having lifted the cover of my MV for the first time in a long time I have decided I don't think I do want to get rid of, after all, it's just too good looking!!😍

This now means I am in the market again for a stubby end can and link pipe, either Arrow or GPR.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
This is the new normal and confirmation you made the right choice all along.
Speaking from someone who has toured 150,000 miles plus in every type of condition, I've learned one needs little to nothing but a change of underwear and a little soap. Leave everything else at home or buy it along the way. Shipping to your destination can work as well. --or buy a second bike for long trips. Enjoy your fresh eyes!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd actually have a second bike. My younger brother gave me his old BMW F650 Funduro which I intended to use as the touring/winter hack. But her in doors spat the dummy out so that's a no no.. :rolleyes:😠

·
Registered
301 Posts
Well Dang ... I currently have 3 bikes in my Garage .. which will grow to 5 over summer (I'm getting a couple of Aprilia RS 125 racing strokers)
Both our cars have had to live outdoors for the last 15 years :ROFLMAO: My better half only complains in winter when her little city scoot (Seat Mii) gets all iced over --(I have offered to install electrical heating for years, but she tended to forget to disconnect the cable on her old car:sneaky: .. Years ago she used to park her little Suzuki Swift in the garage, but after sweeping off both mirrors on separate occasions, she gave up, saying the garage door was too narrow .. Strangely I never had any problems getting my old Range Rover in and out back then... )
My MV only goes out in nice weather, or on the "must" occasions- Meets etc... she will have to do a bit more this summer, as my R65LS Beemer is currently being rebuilt, and the Ducati ST4s is being sold :(
put your foot down man!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha, unfortunately she's not really like that. She's pretty froogle for a woman. So that doesn't happen often. Will need to find another angle..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts