MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been thinking of getting an MV for my small collection of Exotics.

Ive been looking mainly at either an ORO/ gold series first release F4, or a Tamburini.

Im wanting this not as a daily drive, but as a bike I may at least occassional take for a short ride in the canyons.

Im looking for some suggestions and feedback from you MV experts out there as to the Pros and Cons of owning either one of these limited edition bikes.

Thanks for any help in making up my mind.

:)

:moped:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
on con is not riding them ;)

seriously, the only problems would be negated by the little usage. personally, i'd go tambo over oro. never have to worry about magnesium parts stress. but i'm not a collector. i'm' a :f4:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Fast By Ferraci has a new Tamburini for sale. I think it's going for $49,000 but they were around $42,000 when originally released.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
To be honest...if you could, I would consider the Desmo RR over the Tamburini. It does not justify the 20k premium over say a Senna or an Ago (provided the Ago is priced the same)...esp if you could afford it. My 2 cents. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah, like the Senna does justify the 10k difference over the 1000R.
That's why they are called limited editions, so they can sell them for huge prices. But every one of them is worth it's price to someone.
Personally, I would either get a Veltro or a standard one and customize it myself, it would be cheaper, faster, lighter, whatever I want it to be.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I would go with the Tambo over the ORO (unless you just want a first edition bike to put in your living room), but if i was going to buy a limeted edition i would get the Veltro :smoking: (the C.C. is just too much of too much....)

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Alexandrus said:
Yeah, like the Senna does justify the 10k difference over the 1000R.
That's why they are called limited editions, so they can sell them for huge prices. But every one of them is worth it's price to someone.
Personally, I would either get a Veltro or a standard one and customize it myself, it would be cheaper, faster, lighter, whatever I want it to be.
The Senna is still more reasonable compared to the Tambu. I know 998Rs and 999Rs sold for that price so that is a limit I would spend on a bike.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
In your collective experiences, do limited edition bikes generally appreciate in value or at least negate depreciation? I know FBF is asking $49K and for their Tamburini and Pro Italia is asking $22K for a 998 Bostrom (with 1 mile) but that does mean they'll get it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Suryad, yes, it is more reasonable, but then again, if you get a normal 1000R and all the parts that set the Senna apart from it, it will cost you just a tad more than a 1000R, and you can sell th parts you replaced anyways.
That's what I mean, they chanrge an extra for just for calling the bike a limited edition, not for parts and such.
For 30k, you can get a very low milage 312R, like new, from a dealer, with warranty and all, and make it all carbon body, and you'll have some cash left for a coffee and a movie :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Ride the bitch, whatever you get.

Much more fun riding these toys than :jerkoff: over them, though that is fun too.

Depreciation, who cares. It's only money; NOBODY takes it with them at the end of the race.

Tam over ORO any day. CC not worth it, unless you really got balls to put it on the street.

And, it's really ONLY special, if it gives you a woody. You must love that which you buy for it to be special.

just my 2cents, Peter

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
suryad said:
The Senna is still more reasonable compared to the Tambu. I know 998Rs and 999Rs sold for that price so that is a limit I would spend on a bike.
IMO the Senna as nowhere as special as the Tamburini. As for it being reasonable, it comes with fully carbon fairings +mag parts. The Senna is about $12K less than the Tambu (hardly a great deal). The parts for the Tamburini cost $21,728.619 from MV corse.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
In your collective experiences, do limited edition bikes generally appreciate in value or at least negate depreciation? I know FBF is asking $49K and for their Tamburini and Pro Italia is asking $22K for a 998 Bostrom (with 1 mile) but that does mean they'll get it.
To be honest Alan I have never seen a recent exotic LTD edition appreciate in price, and with MV there are just far too many 'LTD editions'--CC, Tamburini, Mamba, Corse, Senna, SPR, ORO, AGO, Veltro, etc.

To answer the orig question, I would go with the Tamburini :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
I just gotta say that as far as "bike appreciation" goes, my definition only regards the passion & enjoyment-and monetary value, up or down, is meaningless. Best bike on Earth, best ride on Earth. Goes up in personal value every time ridden!!!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I am assuming price is not the real decider. You want something "collectable" yet ride able etc.
If I was a (long term) collector this is what I would say in order
1.0 The ORO
2.0 The Tambo
3.0 Either the Senna or the AGO

The rest are special variants , but from a collectors view it would be the above,and I would say the ORO.

My 20c

1 - 20 of 35 Posts