MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do u think it can perform well when properly adjusted.:stickpokeIt would be quite a match up I think:mouthwate.:bandit::bandit::bandit: go mv go:hitit::bandit::bandit::bandit::f4:

·
Registered
548 Posts
No chance, sorry to say. Desmo is full of race exotica, weighs nothing and produces 200HP

My wish for christmas is that MV does take the new F4 and remakes it in exotic materials, with 220HP and 1200cc producing something that competes against the Desmo - and then goes racing....

But suspect its about as likely as world peace, or me becoming President of the US

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I don't think it matters because there is no one posting here whose skill exceeds the performance in either bike.

I would much rather have the D16 than the new F4.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
No chance, sorry to say. Desmo is full of race exotica, weighs nothing and produces 200HP

My wish for christmas is that MV does take the new F4 and remakes it in exotic materials, with 220HP and 1200cc producing something that competes against the Desmo - and then goes racing....

But suspect its about as likely as world peace, or me becoming President of the US
1200cc? Nah if they can make 200 hp from a 1000cc that will be more impresive. Besides hp doesnt matter much at least for me anyways hehe.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Both have 2 wheels.....but for the rest totally different; can't compare.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I don't think it matters because there is no one posting here whose skill exceeds the performance in either bike.
Wait a dahamn minute Caggy..........:naughty:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have heard from a few of the dealers that they may never see a bike like the Desmo again. The amount of money that was spent on the R&D and the actual build cost was off the charts. Even at the astronomical price, they lost money on each unit that they sold. Given this new era that we have entered now with corporate responsibility, green thinking and cost cutting...a project like the Desmo might not come around again (at least not in our life time).
Anyway...more to the point...apples and oranges.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I am afraid I will be the dissenter in this argument. I will bet on the F4. The desmo has two things going against it, it uses a 16 inch rear tire and Bridgestione is the only company making a tire for it. Bridgestone makes excellent tires but there are a lot more quality options in 17" rear tires than 16" rear tires. The Desmo also has no traction control. Doug Polen wrote a piece comparing the Desmo to the 1098R and he could cut quicker times with the 1098R with less effort than he could on the Desmo. Power is nothing wihout the ability to put it to the ground and control it.

·
Banned
1,449 Posts

Its funny how differate people have differate expectations, I just hope the new F4 can last a full BSB race with out blowing up.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts