MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just purchased my first MV and can't wait till I pick it up on Friday. It is a 2005 Brutale 750 which is still "brand new!". I bought it from the dealer here in Aus and they are giving it the pre service check etc... and it comes with the 2 year warrantee. I was wondering if you can think of anything I need to keep an eye on or ask the dealer when I pick it up?

Thanks.

Phil

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
If it is actually a 'new' 2005 model, you need to think about the 7 year old tires on the bike.....not bueno.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Randarosa,

Thought about that and already mentioned it to the dealer. Also getting hoses checked etc...

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
?

fev;
welcome aboard the Forum:drummer:

run the chain ~1-2mm looser than the spec on the chain guard
have them them check the torque on the rear hub pinch bolts....
the spec is 28-32Nm, i use less

use search on "rear hub", "Mitch's hub"

don't fill the header tank to the max line, it'll just piss it out:stickpoke

enjoy:drummer::drummer:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Phil, so you bought the red 750 from CC Motorcycles, I guess Phil is a happy man now!

Where are you based up here, I'm over at Calga.

Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the one. Phil has offered to give me a lesson on it in a week or two!
I'm at Forresters Beach by the way.
Phil

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Ok, so not too far from me. We should meet up once I've got mine back from Trooper Lu's and I'll show what a 7+ year old one with a few km on it looks and goes like.

Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Should be able to collect it tomorrow afternoon from Trooper Lu's with new chain and sprockets and Mitch hub. I'll send you a note once I've given it a good run.

Thanks to Carl for some of the bits that couldn't be sourced locally, won't be long before all of my bike has come the US.... I had to laugh when I got an email from the mechanics saying they couldn't get some required parts in less than about 4-5 weeks so they were getting it from overseas, I asked, Carl, yes! they said.

Phil, take note of CAG above, you will need his services one day - he's way faster and usually less than half the price....

·
Registered
867 Posts
hey Richard, long time chap how ya doing?? I am now an owner of a new 1090rr so let the modifications begin lol, sorry to hijack the thread!!

james

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Hi James, been a while ! I'll still on my first and your on to Brutale number 4 .... Are you still on the same mobile number ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys,

Anyone able to recommend somewhere to buy reasonably priced crash bungs?

Cheers
Phil

ps. Toto, it was around the 15 mark without being too specific.
:ahhh:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Have you got any photos of your new bike you could share with us Phil?:stickpoke

1 - 15 of 15 Posts