MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed the first service on my Brutale 910R. I'm impressed, valves all within spec ($30 gasket though!), Throttle bodies all pulling within <1cm Hg from idle to 3,000 rpm, TPS set at 2.1, CO ~3.9. The access to vacuum ports along side the upper engine cases is a real bonus. It was mostly a lot of checking, little else.

Having said that, changing the oil filter was a real PITA. They don't make it easy.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Koop said:
I just completed the first service on my Brutale 910R. I'm impressed, valves all within spec ($30 gasket though!), Throttle bodies all pulling within <1cm Hg from idle to 3,000 rpm, TPS set at 2.1, CO ~3.9. The access to vacuum ports along side the upper engine cases is a real bonus. It was mostly a lot of checking, little else.

Having said that, changing the oil filter was a real PITA. They don't make it easy.
glad things worked out so well
the Brutale seems to be one of the only bikes i know that must have its oil filter changed when COLD, because of the LOCATION of the filter

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Koop said:

Is it true you have to remove the header to gain access to the filter?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
spalding12 said:
no...
but, you can't GO NEAR IT when the bike is HOT...
and all bikes will drain FAR QUICKER when their oil is hot and "thinner"
so...
the bike was must cold and it take a long time for all the oil to drain out...
but, NO header removal in necessary if you have the right tool
Great! Thanks for the info Greg.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Greg, shouldn't you be in REM sleep at this hour?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
What's the problem?

Drain the oil while the bike is hot and in a little while the headers will have cooled enough to get to the filter. We're not talking hours here. If you want, direct a small fan at the headers and within ten minutes they'll cool.

I opted for the Ti system as they cool VERY fast!!! :smoking:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
airfuel said:
What's the problem?

Drain the oil while the bike is hot and in a little while the headers will have cooled enough to get to the filter. We're not talking hours here. If you want, direct a small fan at the headers and within ten minutes they'll cool.

I opted for the Ti system as they cool VERY fast!!! :smoking:
That's what I did - drain hot,run a fan, remove #3&4 header etc. I didn't say it was a problem, just a pain in the a**.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
spalding12 said:
only 4 hours/night of sleep for me
been that way for 20 years

not healthy, of course

You are a disturbed young man!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts