MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a Dragster 800R motor on ebay and asked seller why are there scratches on the clutch cover area, and why no pictures of motor on the clutch side. Sellers response "There are no scratches".
Attached one of the pictures where I put a circles on what look like scratches on motor to me.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,799 Posts
I would think those marks, based on location, probably are the result of rough handling during removal of the engine or after.

Pretty difficult for a crash to cause damage in those areas.

None-the-less, I would expect photos of all 4 sides of the engine.

Reactions: PTsalas and nigelrb

·
Registered
637 Posts
FleaBay has rules if a seller lies.
""There are no scratches"."
So if it turns out there are scratches you would get a full refund including shipping cost.

If you have concerns you can contact FleaBay and they will let you know how it works.

·
Registered
434 Posts
FleaBay has rules if a seller lies.
""There are no scratches"."
So if it turns out there are scratches you would get a full refund including shipping cost.

If you have concerns you can contact FleaBay and they will let you know how it works.

Uh, yeah good luck in getting fleabay to go after the seller. aside from possibly shutting down the offender's account fleabay possess no leverage to make anyone do anything. it WILL be a long drawn out process that will result in even more frustration. rule of thumb in dealing with remote sellers, if seller is being uncooperative when it comes to presentation (pictures, detailed description, etc) just walk away.

after looking at the pics, I agree with Ed that it looks like the engine was being unprofessionally removed and perhaps reinstalled. maybe it was already sold once, installed and something was wrong. lots of red flags here, caveat emptor!

·
Registered
175 Posts
No scratches, however that thing did get into a fight with a chainsaw. Yikes.

Walk away my son, walk away.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
If the motor is mounted like the F4 there are insert/spacers where the long mount bolts go and sometimes they corrode slightly and will not release. If that happens it is almost impossible to get the frame and swing off so they probably tried to pry it apart with a bar of some sort thus gouging the cases.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Looks like it was roughly handled when removed from the frame like others have said. I dont think guys stripping bikes for parts will take the due care we would expect of our own machines.

I would request more pictures from all the angles at a minimum. If it is too much risk then get another engine from someone else. No point getting a nasty surprise when the motor arrives.

With the seller's current attitude, I wouldn't expect much love from them if it had a more serious issue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts