MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PARTS AND SERVICE SUCK

I ordered a quickstand converter kit and some airbox wellnuts from ferracci three weeks ago. After a week I called them and they said they forgot to order the backordered part. A week later I called them again and they lost the order. They finally shipped my package yesterday, but instead of shipping it to 110 Wall Street, they shipped it to 1 kenwall street!!!!! AAAHHH!!!! So now UPS is trying to find the package, which is on the wrong truck somewhere.

On top of that, right now my bike is at Ducati of NY. They made me wait two weeks to bring the bike in, and now they say that since their computers are down it'll take three days to do a basic suspension setup!!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
MAn, what a bunch of crap. What the hell does the computer have to do with doing a suspension set up? Moreover, the instructions for setting up the suspension in all in the supplemental owners manual, its really pretty easy. If you need help with it pm me, I live on long island and wil actually be in manhattan later tonight. I set my supension up myself, theres nothing to it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some Guy said:
MAn, what a bunch of crap. What the hell does the computer have to do with doing a suspension set up? Moreover, the instructions for setting up the suspension in all in the supplemental owners manual, its really pretty easy. If you need help with it pm me, I live on long island and wil actually be in manhattan later tonight. I set my supension up myself, theres nothing to it.

I set up the front end to factory "stiff" myself, but it still felt too soft during braking and Ducati of manhattan said they would do it for $75, so I went for it.

Where on LI are you? I'm in Medford on the weekends, and Brooklyn during the week.

·
Registered
187 Posts
1. Small dealer network so no choices if the dealer near you sucks (like mine does).
2. Parts availlability, 2 weeks (and more) downtime because of a missing part is just
inacceptable for bikes in this price range.

·
Registered
822 Posts
psperl said:
I set up the front end to factory "stiff" myself, but it still felt too soft during braking and Ducati of manhattan said they would do it for $75, so I went for it.

Where on LI are you? I'm in Medford on the weekends, and Brooklyn during the week.
I'm in North Massapequa, Medford is right around the corner. I'm still getting used to my bike, but we should go raise hell together! :yo:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I only thing bad about owning an MV is not riding it enough.
Yeah we had some bad dealers doWn here but I go direct to the importer who sorts it out like you would not believe,
Our Australian importer has the visIon that all MV owners should be treated like Ferrari and even Rolls Royce, that is their benchmark.
If you have problems with dealers go to the importer and fix it.
As for suspension and mods etc, learn to do it your self. The settings are all in the kit that comes with the bike and they work.
Doing things yourself is lot more fun while you are not riding! I HATE TAKING MINE TO A DEALER.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
916SPS said:
1. Small dealer network so no choices if the dealer near you sucks (like mine does).
2. Parts availlability, 2 weeks (and more) downtime because of a missing part is just
inacceptable for bikes in this price range.

What have you waited 2 weeks for? Was this from actual dealer order to dealer receipt?? Was this during Aug/early Sept?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
The worse thing I've found about owning a MV is that I can't afford to have two of them :bawling:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
john said:
The worse thing I've found about owning a MV is that I can't afford to have two of them :bawling:
+1

my gripe: the F4 1k is a riot on the track. it's where that thing belongs.

but i don't have my own track!!!! ARRGGGGHHHHH!

alex

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
There's some pretty good dealers around the country. If one screws up on parts, try one that's more reputable. Now for service, that's another story. How many dealerships do you have in the North East?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Allan Gibbs said:
There's some pretty good dealers around the country. If one screws up on parts, try one that's more reputable. Now for service, that's another story. How many dealerships do you have in the North East?
I jsut realized that most parts suppliers probably read this forum! I don't want to piss of ferracci as they are the major player in stateside MV parts. So, I hope they missed this thread.

Seriously though, I only saw ferracci and pirate on the mvfaq as US suppliers, and pirate doesn't sell a lot of parts. Are there any more?

I do most service myself, I just wanted to get the suspension tuned up professionally since that's not my area of expertise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
mirrors are totally useless ,back brake if i ever get it working is u/s, also dropped bike one time when sidestand flipped back up as i was parking up. couldn,t hold bike up and down she went, result....fcuked brake lever and numerous scratch,s etc on panel and mirror casing, also scratch,s on side of seat cowl..bummer.

·
Registered
301 Posts
cazneck said:
mirrors are totally useless ,back brake if i ever get it working is u/s, also dropped bike one time when sidestand flipped back up as i was parking up. couldn,t hold bike up and down she went, result....fcuked brake lever and numerous scratch,s etc on panel and mirror casing, also scratch,s on side of seat cowl..bummer.
Mirrors are OK if you lift your elbow a bit.....

Back brake may need bleeding? Front is what stops you....

To avoid stratches etc in these circumstances throw leg etc under bike to break the fall (but you may have to wait for help to get up!)

:laughing:

Doc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts