MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new French motorcycle manufacturer !! Called Wakan 1640, this new motorcycle is a monster; 115 hp, 15,87 mKg and weighting only 177 kilos (390 pounds) ! And what's more, it looks ]
sexy !!!!

nspired by the AC Cobra from Shelby, designer Joel Domergue has produced a motorcycle with a 1640 cc V2 engine. The styling is more cafe racer than cruiser. The engine is produced by the American company S&S.

The 13 liter gas tank has been placed under the saddle, moving its center of gravity low and center. The motorcycle itself is kind-of small; 1337 mm (52.6 inches) long and a saddle height of 790 mm (31.1 inches), so it's meant more for medium length people than giants.

The first 15 units will be ready for customers in October of this year. They will be equipped with carburetors, while future models will have fuel injection (in order to respect the strict anti-pollution norm Euro3). The initial production will be made available in United States, Australia, Germany and the Uk.

The Wakan name comes from an Indian tribe in the Dakotas who called then supreme being Wakan.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
looks nice
how much is it?

in us yet?

·
Registered
822 Posts
psperl said:
That's pretty sweet. Too bad they couldn't get more power out of a 1640cc engine though.

Thats a 100 cubic inch sportster based motor, there is easily 130hp and 130lbs of tq in that motor, it just needs to be massaged.

·
Registered
161 Posts
bit of pricing info i just found -
The first 15 bikes are scheduled to be produced by October for €28,000 ($35,000),but as production ramps up the price is expected to fall quite a bit. The next 100 bikes for 2007 will retain the Keihin carb but afterwards, fuel injection will be necessary to meet Euro 3 emissions requirements in 2008.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
What's with the one front rotor? Is it a harley/cruser thing? I was reading a Yamaha Warrior board at one time and they had mods on how to remove one of your front rotos. Sigh...

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I like the look of them, somewhat cheaper than a confererate too. :koolaid:

·
Registered
796 Posts
it was time the frenchies did something in the world of motorcycles except scooters.i was always mind boggled of the french obsession with motorcycles and on the other hand..on the lack of interest in making a french motorcycle.there we re some atempts in the past but nothing substantial

·
Registered
822 Posts
oicdn said:
Yeah...a 1640...and only 115HP....that kinda sucks...

Harley based v-twins are all about torque, I'm willing to bet that motor putts over 100lbs to the wheel just off idle, thats pure adrenaline, ear to ear grin potential. :yo:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Some Guy said:
Harley based v-twins are all about torque, I'm willing to bet that motor putts over 100lbs to the wheel just off idle, thats pure adrenaline, ear to ear grin potential. :yo:
Yeah, very similar to the Yammy 1640cc MT-01 I'm sure, makes a gearbox almost optional.

·
Registered
434 Posts
allias86 said:
it was time the frenchies did something in the world of motorcycles except scooters.i was always mind boggled of the french obsession with motorcycles and on the other hand..on the lack of interest in making a french motorcycle.there we re some atempts in the past but nothing substantial
Have you ever heard of VOXAN...?

I don't particulary like them...seems like they've been done on a hardware store... :barfalot:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts