Corona Suzuki - Biaggi & Kagayama
Kawasaki - Nieto & Laconi

What am I missing?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I thought D'Antin had resigned Hoffman.

Somewhere I'm pretty sure I saw that...

And that a Honda satelite team (Konica Minolta) had Nakano ready to sign.

Alex

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
skaluca said:
Xerox Ducati - Bayliss & Lanzi 90%
Lanzi? Wow :jsm: I like him, especially from 2005 season, but I am surprised they will sign him to the factory team for 2007 after his year in 2006. Maybe there are not so many obvious choices but it seems Ducati marketing department would prefer Hodgson for UK and now that he raced AMA and is quite popular and respected here, USA sales?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I got to see Lanzi lead the Superstock race at Brands Hatch in '03, when he should have been seriously out gunned on the 999s. It would be great to see him get on with the superbike, but it seems that there aren't too many riders in the world right now capable of making the Ducatis go seriously fast now that the 4 cylinder bikes are catching up. Bayliss and then maybe the guys from the UK. We'll have to wait and see about Hodgson, since he didn't get the same bike here in the US, but he should go good.

Seems kinda silly that Ducati has to go to such lengths to get the twin competitive, but competitive it is when it's got the right rider. I guess it was no different back when the 750s had to go to similar lengths to be competitive with the Ducati though...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Bayliss is beatable... Edwards used to do it, and amazingly enough, even Xaus did a few times I think (I am a Xaus fan by the way).

So the next question is, can Hodgson do it?

·
Registered
409 Posts
i like stoner taking out Giber.. for the last race an then he takes his job . rossi's curse is so powerful on that guy

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
D'Antin just signed Barros.

I guess that stuff I saw about them resigning Hoffman was incorrect. Or will they have two riders?

Alex

·
Registered
180 Posts
Man that really sucked how Andrew Pitt was overlooked for the Yamaha WSBK next year. I thought his performances toward the end of the year matched Haga's. The Haga & Corser battle should be pretty entertaining though and serious title contenders :bandit:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
721 said:
Man that really sucked how Andrew Pitt was overlooked for the Yamaha WSBK next year. I thought his performances toward the end of the year matched Haga's. The Haga & Corser battle should be pretty entertaining though and serious title contenders :bandit:
I agree, Pitt was doing a great job :bash:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
MV-999R said:
I agree, Pitt was doing a great job :bash:
Me too.... he needs a job as he has just bought an apartment over here.... in fact in Peel where we live :jsm:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
macmivvi said:
Lanzi fan club at Imola ,with nothing to cheer about as usual.
If he wasn't Italian he would be looking for a job right now,his popularity saved his seat .
Yeah, Lanzi was a huge disapointment :banghead:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts