MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Had a forum member alert me of these. Thanks Al. The wife is not so happy with you.

They come in at 234 grams each and look great. Just need to get some Ti bolts, the pin made, and some spacers since these are for the stock 58mm forks.

Attachments

Registered
You're sick. And Al. He's just an enabler. >:)

Premium Member
Just when we think you can鈥檛 go any further...

Reactions: R1andrew

Registered
Let me know about the pin for these Andrew. I installed them on my bike with the pin from the OEM clip ons. It works, but just a little too short.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Let me know about the pin for these Andrew. I installed them on my bike with the pin from the OEM clip ons. It works, but just a little too short.
I will either have a pin made or use a Ti bolt. Am I correct in that the bolt which you tighten down is a M7?

Registered
The OEM pin works fine, the top nipple part locks it into the top piece, that is what keeps them from rotating. It just isn't long enough to stick out of the bottom and get the circlip on it. Really, it's not necessary, as it has nowhere to go, but if you find someone that can make something, I would be interested in a set

Super Moderator
Reactions: Nitro69

Registered
The only way I know of to keep myself from buying some of these rare parts is to convince someone I know to buy them first. Same seller has a NOS crc billet upper triple btw

Reactions: Nitro69

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Got my ti bolts in and the spacers Al made me. Last night I was able to work on the project for about an hr instead of sleeping. I did add 30 grams vs the old clip-ons, but it is worth it. These just look incredible and flow with the lines of the bike. First pics are of the old ones and the last pics are the new clip-ons. I did have to do a little modifying to the units and the triple clamp. It was a very fun project.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Forgot to mention that since I was ordering bolts. I went ahead and got some ti banjo bolts to replace the ones I am using. This way they will match and are ti and not steel.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
The OEM pin works fine, the top nipple part locks it into the top piece, that is what keeps them from rotating. It just isn't long enough to stick out of the bottom and get the circlip on it. Really, it's not necessary, as it has nowhere to go, but if you find someone that can make something, I would be interested in a set
I ordered a M6 ti bolt. Drilled out the top and middle sections on the clip-on. Then threaded the bottom. Tighten the bolt just enough to place a little tension on it. Like you said. The triple clamp holds the pin in, and in my case would hold the bolt from backing out.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Al made me a set.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts