MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm in the process of shinking.... Down 40 or so lbs. my current street lid Shark RSR2 is getting a bit loose... Rather than looking into an new lid, for about $60 I was able to downsize the liner and cheek pads from XL to L. Parts are on order, now.

http://www.powersportsuperstore.com

The cool thing about these guys is that you can order any part of the helmet individually from a parts list... Seems like it's only for Shark. I tried for AGV and didn't come up with anything... Here's the link for the Shark bits:

http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/Shark-LINER-BLU-XS-RSR2-RSR2-IN5660P-BLU-XS-p/tr74-1127.htm

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Jice: Help me here bud....I've gained and lost 40 lbs a couple of times in my life, and my head has never gotten any bigger or smaller. My neck? yes, my ass? yes, my waist? yes, etc. my head? NO! Is you head really shrinking? Normally, I'm a big kidder, but this is a real question...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Randy,

Yes, it's pretty counterintuitive--the 40lbs isn't really just weight loss but the combination of weight loss and muscle gain, which means even though the weight evens out the body displacement is significantly less. Shirt size down from XL/XXL to L/M. It may also have to do with how "plump-ish" a persons face is... how they carry the weight. Oddly enough, with some folks the first place they notice weight loss is in the face and it puts them off--gaunt face and same belly. :)

The helmet wiggle's not bad for street riding, but on the track it's a problem.

Cheers,
Jason

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
OK, I got it. I'm actually 12 pounds into my next diet, and yes, my face is a little less chubby. That being said, my big ole mellon head is still huge, and with no hair whatsover, I'm still a 2XL Arai.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
12 lbs. That's a great start Randy! This is the third or so time this decade I've done this, and the most progress so far... I'm treating it like quitting smoking--that took a coupla' runs as well.

I'm just hoping to be off the Oprah diet... Lose 30 only to gain 50!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
12 lbs. That's a great start Randy! This is the third or so time this decade I've done this, and the most progress so far... I'm treating it like quitting smoking--that took a coupla' runs as well. quote]

No more excuses for me...I can't do anything about being short, dumb, or bald (careful Craig,no jokes about toupes or transplants :wtf:); but I can do something about being fat. Coming up on 55, I decided to make a reasonable life style change: no more processed sugars, and reasonable exercise. My goal is 2 lbs. per month til I loose 30, and this time, keep it off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts